PDA

View Full Version : Grist for the Mill

Don Kaas
08-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I was lucky enough (I hope:rolleyes:) to pick up a set of 20 gauge 0 frame D2 28" extractor barrels online, After fierce competition from a scion of a well known Idaho family of deep pocketed Parker enthusiasts, I came away with the barrels holding the serial # 99694 at 1/2 of my max bid. I expect they will find their way on to one of my 0 frame 16 ga hammerguns. While there are more GH D2 20ga guns than are listed in TPS, there aren't all that many about and even fewer spare barrels...luckily, Russell has the Parker hammerless to hammer conversion down pat...he even order a set of the Galazan barrels for a DHE 20g of his...we'll see how they work out too...:)

Russ Jackson
08-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Don; Congrats. on your new barrels, I am the guy who requested the pics. of the end where the matting ends, I would have liked to have them for my GH grade project 20 Ga. gun which right now is wearing a set of VH grade,20 Ga. barrels with some interior pitting issues, I just didn't want to put another " Grand " in the little gun and since what you paid was 1/2 of your Max. bid, it doesn't appear that I would have gotten them anyway !! :)

Dave Miles
08-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Don,
I was going to bid on those also.
However, I really don't have a use for them at the present time, and I didn't feel like butting heads with you for them. :)
Congratulations, put them to good use.

Don Kaas
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I guess if Galazans new barrels are "worth" $2000 plus fitting (to an ejector gun) a set of Damascus barrels in 20 gauge have to be "worth" at least 1/2 that...anyway that's my silly rationale...

Bill Murphy
08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm still looking for a set of #3 frame 10 gauge Damascus hammerless barrels. Thanks.