PDA

View Full Version : Young Remington Wheaton

Bill Murphy
08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Is this hot Sub Junior who did so well at the NSSA Junior World Shoot somehow related to our Art Wheaton? If so, maybe Art would fill us in.

Bill Murphy
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Guess not. Two days and no comment. Congratulations to young Remington anyway. 381X400 High Overall, 479X500 High All Around. Pretty outstanding for anyone, much more outstanding for a Sub Junior.

Bruce Day
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Bill, Art has widely posted in the Parker Pages that he spends his summers not on the computer but guiding for smallmouth bass on a remote lake in upper Maine. Call him and ask him the question, its not something the PGCA membership at large is likely to know.

I'm off to the lake house myself and out of computer contact. Last son is gone and hanging around Bar Harbor and Kennebunkport with his girlfriend's family at their places for several weeks so its a good time to go north and get cool.

Bill Murphy
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I'll file all that away for future reference. It's nice to have XXX in high places. I can't wait for next month when I can meet all these high rollers in person.

Dean Romig
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
:corn: . . . what fun this is.

Bill Murphy
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah, Dean, I'm getting a kick out of it myself. I guess I was out of line to congratulate a young skeet shooter who may well be related to our Association President. Out of line because "It isn't something that the PGCA membership is likely to know." :banghead:

Dave Suponski
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
:duck:

Destry L. Hoffard
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Bruce I didn't realize you and Art were so close. *laughs*

DLH

Bruce Day
08-08-2009, 07:53 PM
The proper response is:

"Bruce, thanks for the information. I (______ didn't know)(___forgot) and I'll remember next time. If it is Art's son, Congratulations!"

Art is a good guy and has given much time and effort to the betterment of the PGCA. I always appreciate those who do things for others and are not just thinking of themselves.

Art Wheaton
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Gentleman of the jury,

So sorry to have been pre-occupied with smallmouth, grandkids and lawn mowers, but as far as I know, no Wheaton of my acquaintance or relative is on the skeet shooting circuit. But with such a good name, may he have the best of luck on his journey to the top.

My week has been heavily involved as recreation director for everything from water sports to 4-wheeler rides however most of my activity is tied to keeping a big supply of gasoline on hand for their ready use, the refrigerator full of food, and the TV tuned to Wa Wa Wugzy, Go Diago Go, Dora the Explorer, Bob the Builder, and the Back Yardigans. In case any of you guys missed an episode, give me a call, cause I have not missed one.

Hope you are having a great summer...rained in Maine all of June and most of July...summer just starting now

See you soon on the Eastern Shore

Art Wheaton

Bill Murphy
08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I guess I'll have to check on this Remington Wheaton fellow. Thanks for the reply, Art.