PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' a whiff

Jack Cronkhite
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Of rooster that is

CHARLIE
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/28884/normal_IMG_6834.jpg

Rich Anderson
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I think ole Charlie is gettin a wiff of Moms fresh baked Apple Pie:rotf:

Jack Cronkhite
01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Now, I get a whiff of that on occasion but I have to make it. Mom's still holdin' out for that fancy electric mixer. Still think the old one is salvageable. Guess I'll be makin' my own pies for a while.
Cheers,
Jack

John Dallas
01-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Last time I looked, you could buy a decent shooter for the price of one of those electric whirley things. How badly do you want the pie?

Jack Cronkhite
01-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Well here's the thing. I'm a pie face. During this stand-off with Mom over a new "whirly thing" she has backed off in the pie department. The message was fairly clear - Make yer own then. I thought about the neighbor lady who comes in second at the fair, behind Mom, for the best pies, yes pies with an s, every kind. For once in my life, I thought that through to the end and came to the unmistakable conclusion, I would be dead meat. So I made a pie without any kind of "whirly thing" involved.. Mom laughed and judged it might come in 27th at the fair but I discovered something. 27th place still tastes better than nothin'. I have eaten some pies from the fair after the judging is over and I'm thinking my pie would surely have come in just under 20th place not just under 30th place. I can play the game a bit longer with Mom but you gotta know, she's gettin' a fancy electric "whirly thing" pretty soon. Maybe even in a couple days. I kinda miss those first place pies.
Cheers,
Jack

Rich Anderson
01-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Dad get Mom the whirly thing and don't be goin over to the neighbor lady for sweets...I'm not in a hurry for the Boswell...she probably doesn't have access to any good Pheasant cover anyway.:nono: