PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this one?

Joe Bernfeld
08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135650460
The wood is over the top for me, too gaudy! I like the engraving but it doesn't matter; it would be about $20,000 above my price range. Double triggers though :cool:.
Joe

Bob Jurewicz
08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I actually like the gun alot. If I had that kind of $ I would definitely buy it. The only thing I can't determine is the "finish" on the reciever and other parts that should be case color.
Bob Jurewicz

Dave Suponski
08-03-2009, 07:41 PM
That is a beautiful gun but for me the wood is a little over the top. For me there is too much figure thru the wrist.Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the finish on the frame "French Grey"?

Greg Baehman
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Drop dead gorgeous gun, killer wood. I seen and handled this gun at the Yooper Shoot, it is indeed stunning.

I also, Dave, believe the metal has a French Grey finish applied.

Kenny Graft
08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
May not be a good gun to use...better as a safe queen or show gun. The stock may be week in the wrist and not stand up to any hard use,all the respected stock makers warn not to use the heavy burl in the head and wrist. Sure is great wood to look at... I would think the money could be better spent, I personaly would look for another prospect if wanting to spend that mutch on a shotgun....

Bill Murphy
08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I think the wood treatment, weak as it may be, is as outrageous as I've ever seen. Congratulations to the stockmaker and the new owner, whoever he may be. I can't find my Warriner's, so I stuck with "whoever". What a project that was for "whomever".