PDA

View Full Version : Engraved money clip

Phillip Carr
02-09-2021, 10:20 PM
Wanted to share a money clip I had made locally out of Sterling silver and then sent to Mr Gournet to have a Mearns quail bust engraved on it. I think it turned out fantastic.
What a great engraver.

Dean Romig
02-09-2021, 10:48 PM
Geoffroy is amazing!
Is that done in the Bulino style?

Phillip Carr
02-09-2021, 11:01 PM
Dean it may be. It was shipped out today and this is a picture MR Gournet sent. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Stan Hillis
02-10-2021, 07:08 AM
Geoffrey is an amazing talent. Your Mearn's clip is very nice. I had him engrave a damascus boot knife I bought from Galazan's a few years ago. Geoffrey was set up and engraving straight across the tent from Lou. After I bought the knife and looked at the plain brass bolster and pommel I wondered aloud if Geoffrey would do some "scratching" on it. I asked and he was most gracious to reply that he would indeed. He asked what I wanted and I replied that the only thing I was insistent about was my initials on a small shield on one scale. I told him to use his imagination on the rest. He paused a moment and said "What about some scroll here, and here, on all four sides?". It turned out beautifully, and understated, IMO.

What a gentleman Geoffrey is.

SRH

Greg Baehman
02-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Geoffroy Gournet is indeed an amazing talent and Bob Strosin is pretty good, as well. Bob engraved this sidelock-shaped money clip and donated it to the MRC Sportsman's Club and their Great Northern S x S Classic to be given away as a door prize. I was lucky enough to win it.

Rich Anderson
02-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Bob Strosin did the engraving on Gunner's Gun. He's also very good. It's nice to talents of both these gentleman in our fraternity.:bowdown:

Destry L. Hoffard
02-17-2021, 06:38 PM
Phil that is razor sharp, I'm impressed.