PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Winter?

Jack Cronkhite
01-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Hard to remember just a few short months back
http://parkerguns.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=2027

Please pass the potato salad, it's under there somewhere.

Frank Cronin
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice picture Jack. You have quite the talent with the camera lens that is for sure! I will need to look at that picture again after I dig out from the Nor'easter that is coming this way to New England Tuesday night - Wednesday morning.

Frank

Jack Cronkhite
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Frank: You must be tired of winter. That picture was on 8 minutes before your message. You must have been right there when it hit the forum. Your nor'easter makes the news here too. Don't overdo the digging.
Cheers,
Jack

Dean Romig
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Ahhhh.... Summer breezes :p

Swimming with the Grandchildren...

with a wee sip later on.

The pictures are now in the correct order.

Rich Anderson
01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
We need winter to get to spring then eventually the greatest time of the year fall. So far not a bad winter here in mid MI.

Jack (Dad) hang in there, perhaps get the Boswell out and shoot some clays. Don't rush time we never know how much we have.

David Dwyer
01-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Dean
You know what is important in life. Add a picture of a nice Parker shooting anything and it is almost complete
David

Jack Cronkhite
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Rich: Not rushing time (son), just hopelessly looking to get some back. I was talking to Mom and she said if the boy has a truck and car and house wouldn't you think he could just send me a new mix-master. I guess I really better get to fixing that old thing. Pretty sure I'll find the right thing-a-ma-jig or whazzit in the shop. I did call the good mix-master folks and they said they didn't have parts. I guess when its from the '50's must just be too new to consider stocking parts yet.
Cheers,
Jack

Fred Preston
01-11-2011, 09:32 AM
This is the last day of muzzle loader season and I still have one antlerless tag unfilled. Just can't get as fired up as on opening day. Supposed to start snowing in a couple of hours for a 5"-8" dump. Oh well, I can always go cut and split some wood.

David Hamilton
01-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Opening day! I haven't shot a single deer this season but then the season isn't over until March 27 so there is hope. The deer are wary and staying in the forests but I'm steeling myself for the subtle hunt when I will try to beat them to the moment at dawn when its legal to shoot and they are disappearing. Jent and I went after some waterfowl and he shot a very nice goose and mallard, I shot nothing, that is I missed. Such is luck, and the more we have the better. David

Rich Anderson
01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Dad what type of Mix Master does Mom want/need? You know she deserves a new one.:)

Dean Romig
01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Pictures are now in the correct order.

Jack Cronkhite
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Dad what type of Mix Master does Mom want/need? You know she deserves a new one. :)

She's heard there is some kind of electric thing now. I'm pretty sure we could just fix the crank on the handle. I think she just turned it too fast one day. I really am not a fan of electricity. Don't like all those big batteries you need to keep in the root cellar and we would have to get a much bigger wind mill. Here's a picture. Maybe you can tell me what's wrong?? Pretty sure it can be fixed. Waste not want not.
http://www.musclecars.net/parts/parts-images-large/antique-egg-beater-mayonnaise-maker-mixer-glass-jar-ec_220723382738.jpg

Rich Anderson
01-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I see the problem clearly, It's an inverse proportion of torque and pressure created by the velocity in which the crank is turned. Tell Mom to slow down on the crank speed and you will be fine.:)

I'm still hunting preserve birds but they are wiley creatures so as a loving adopted son if you need the Boswell checked out for future fall expeditions just let me know. We have regular UPS delivery:whistle:

Jack Cronkhite
01-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I think I'll let you tell Mom and you might just need the Boswell when you let her know how to operate in her kitchen. :nono: Only made that mistake once. It was a long time ago but the memory remains very clear:eek:, unlike so many others that have dimmed in the mist of time.

Dean Romig
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I see the problem clearly, It's an inverse proportion of torque and pressure created by the velocity in which the crank is turned. Tell Mom to slow down on the crank speed and you will be fine.:)

Rich, the manufacturer had that all taken care of by the presence of a counterweight on the flywheel so I think we need to look further.