PDA

View Full Version : New Parker Member

Alan Stearrett
01-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have inherited a double barrel 12 Ga. Parker shotgun from my grandfather and was wondering what model it is. I have located the serial number once I opened the slide mechanism for the barrels. According to the Parker table on the Parker website the gun was manufactured in 1922 and I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what model number it may be. The gun was purchased as a collectors item and is in excellent condition.

Thanks,
Alan Stearrett
Wilmington, DE.

Larry Frey
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Alan,
Congratulations on your new Parker. In order for someone to help identify what you have we would need either the serial number or some detailed photos. If you have any trouble posting pic's go to the FAQ section on the home page and all the info you need is there.

Alan Stearrett
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Larry,

The serial number is 198158. I have also attached a photo of the Parker shotgun.

Thanks,
Alan Stearrett

Alan Stearrett
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Larry,

I have attached a photo of the Parker Shotgun in this new message. It would not allow me wwith the quick reply. The serial number is 198158.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chic Stearrett\My Documents\Parker Shotgun

Thanks,

Chic

Larry Frey
01-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Larry,

I have attached a photo of the Parker Shotgun in this new message. It would not allow me wwith the quick reply. The serial number is 198158.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chic Stearrett\My Documents\Parker Shotgun

Thanks,

Chic

Alan my books are at work so if you don't get a reply from someone else I will check for you in the morning. It appears your link to the gun pics is not attaced properly. Please try again.

Robert Rambler
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Trojan 12ga 30in barrels

Jack Cronkhite
01-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Chic: 198158 is listed as a Trojan grade 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels, pistol grip and no extras. You should see the words Trojan Steel on the rib between the barrels. Keep trying to upload the picture. We all enjoy seeing the guns. Really nice to have a family gun. The Trojan is a great hunting gun. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Jack

Alan Stearrett
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Chic: 198158 is listed as a Trojan grade 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels, pistol grip and no extras. You should see the words Trojan Steel on the rib between the barrels. Keep trying to upload the picture. We all enjoy seeing the guns. Really nice to have a family gun. The Trojan is a great hunting gun. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Jack

Jack Thanks for the info.I located the Trojan Steel ingraving between the barrels on the rib. I sent a photo of the shotgun to the administrator of the Parker Website. Hopefully they can post the photo for everyone to see.

Thanks,
Chic

John Dunkle
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Sorry, I was a little slow to this party.. ;) Here is Chic's Trojan...

:cheers:

John

Jack Cronkhite
01-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Very nice gun. Jack

Alan Stearrett
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi Jack, Thanks for posting the picture of the Trojan Parker Shotgun. Just got back for duck and goose hunting. It was a slow day only two Canadian Geese. I will try to sent a photo of the hunt on a later message.

Thanks again,
Chic Stearrett

Jack Cronkhite
01-11-2011, 07:00 PM
You're welcome Chic, for the Canadian geese that is. Forum admin John Dunkle gets credit for letting the world see the Trojan.

I thought we had sent all the geese south by now but yesterday on the dog hike, a lone goose flew over head. I don't know where he would be hanging out. There is no open water for hundreds of miles and most crop fields are well covered with crusted snow.

There is a hunting forum as well and we could use some goose recipes added there. :)
Cheers,
Jack

Richard Flanders
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I guess! You won't find may Trojans that clean. There isn't even any of the usual old oil gunk on the trigger blades just above the triggers. I bet that gun is nearly clean as a whistle inside. Very nice. That gun will last quite a few more generations if treated right. Good for you Chic.