PDA

View Full Version : Parker, Real or Fake?

Brad Pennington
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I have recently purchased a pile of old shot guns. In this collection I found a Parker Hammer Shotgun. I have never held one of these before only saw pictures. I am attaching some photos to see if this is indeed a Parker Bros.
It is a 12 ga. with what appears to be shortened barrels. The serial# is 2007 and a "O" stamed under the barrels and on the water table. On top between the barrels it appears to say "Laminated Steel"? There is a type of proof marking on the underside of the barrels. One is an "S" with a star over it and a oval with E L G and a star below it. If anybody has any info on this I would really appreciate it.

Drew Hause
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
A much nicer than usual example of a gun made in Belgium, with Twist barrels, marked 'Parker' to fool the unknowing; others were Sam Holt, T. Barker & W. Richards. Several examples are here http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20091267

George Lander
01-04-2011, 11:16 AM
It's what we call a "JABC". (Just another Belgian clunker) Cracker Barrel restaurants love 'em though.

Best Regards, George

Brad Pennington
01-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Alright thanks for the info, I was just hoping I had stumpled into a great find. Thanks