PDA

View Full Version : Modern Veterinary Servives

George Davis
11-02-2020, 08:43 AM
I've had Brittanies for over 30 years and my current 5 year old (Tana) probably has had 500 old birds shot over her and without a doubt a gifted bird dog and friend. However she broke her leg as a puppy and it never healed correctly and arthritis started to develop in the leg.
So in early July we started on the journey to correct the problem and it's been tough for both her and me. Several times I couldn't believe the agony and pain I'd put her through. However the first week in October in Montana I stood in a wheat field in Montana with tears pouring down my face watching her glide across the stubble point and fetch in her first pheasant post surgery. Her leg will always be scared and with plate and screws it's larger then the other front leg. However we both have gained many more years of hunting together!!

Daryl Corona
11-02-2020, 08:56 AM
As a bird hunter who wouldn't think of hunting without one of my dogs I can understand why you had tears in your eyes in that Montana field. May you have many more.

Ed Norman
11-02-2020, 05:12 PM
I would of had tears too. What a nice story, and I am so glad that everything worked out for your dog.