PDA

View Full Version : English Setters Available

John Dallas
12-31-2010, 11:12 AM
I suspect you all have gotten notes like this before, but, here goes. The note below is from a friend of mine who is trying to place a couple of Setters.

Note from Tom: An old friend of mine recently passed away. Some of you might remember him from St. Clement Class of 1970, Jim Labash. I told his family I’d help try to find a home for his lovely pets. If you aren’t in a position to take on these big boys, would you be so kind as to spread the word, please? Thanks!

Because diabetes claimed his leg, these dogs haven’t hunted in five years. But it’s a safe bet they could easily come out of retirement.

I know that the owner would have chosen the best breeder he could find and would have given the dogs the best care. In fact Wilson and Lucky’s vet is the same vet we used when we lived downstate.

Here’s what my friend’s niece has put together to let you know about the dogs:

Wilson and Lucky
Wilson (9 yrs.) and Lucky (7 yrs.) are looking for a new home. Their owner passed away suddenly the week before Christmas, and these boys are in need of a special family that will give them both lots of love.

Both dogs are pure-bred English Setters, registered with the AKC, and are retired bird hunters. They are crate-trained, and are extremely well-behaved. They both know commands such as: "sit," "stay," "lay down," "come," and "go in your crate."

About Wilson: At age 9 and approximately 65 pounds, Wilson still has the energy and agility of a young dog. He is extremely happy and loves to cuddle. Wilson likes to play with toys and go fetch. One of his favorite activities is giving hugs, and he also enjoys watching the Red Wings, Lions and U of M football.

About Lucky: A true gentle giant, Lucky is the sweetest 7 year old, 115 pound lap dog you will ever meet. Lucky is very laid-back and enjoys putting his head on people's laps and having his belly scratched. Lucky does have a case of hip dysplasia, but it is easily managed with an aspirin each day. His favorite pastimes include watching college sports and munching on flavored rawhide bones.

Wilson and Lucky were last groomed on 12/22/10 and are in tip-top condition. Along with these big bundles of love, you will also receive their collapsible crates, brand new bedding purchased on 12/22, food bowls, toys, treats, all vet records, breeder's papers and an electric fence still in the box.

These dogs are wonderful companions, and get along very well with children and other animals.
If you think Lucky and Wilson would be the perfect addition to your family, please call or email: Kristen Conte at 586-909-0309 or kristen.conte@hotmail.com

Bill Murphy
12-31-2010, 11:38 AM
A prospective new owner would want to know their sexual situation. Good luck with your difficult project.