PDA

View Full Version : New member here

Kirk Pfeffer
12-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Hello everyone. Let me start by saying that I found this site the other night and it is fantastic. Now a little about me and it's probably a very familiar story. I inherited a Parker from my Father who passed away 30 years ago. I know it belonged to his Father and I believe to his Grandfather as well. One of the last things my dad said was he wanted us to promise that we'd never sell his guns. Due to no interest by others in my family, I'm happy to say they are mine. The Parker is a 12 Ga. VH manufactured in 1907 with Vulcan steel barrels. Believe me, the gun has seen some serious use. The bluing is gone and the stock has a crack at the wrist. However, it locks up tight and I remember actually hunting with it about 10 years ago. I've already gathered much info from this site and plan on asking lots of questions. I look forward to spending a lot of time with you all.

Take care.
Kirk Pfeffer
Omaha, NE

Dave Suponski
12-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Welcome Kirk, That's what we're here for...stick around..:)

Mark Ouellette
01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi Kirk,

Welcome aboard! I hope you find a sense of community in a group of like minded gun collectors. Please consider joining the PGCA. The newsletter alone, with articals written by many of the same persons who will post on this site, is worth the membership fee.

Good and safe shooting to you!
Mark