PDA

View Full Version : wards 16 g

charlie cleveland
12-23-2010, 05:49 PM
set down last night decided totake my16 ga wards apart and see if i could fix it...one barrel the right side had quit firing....first i took off the forearm and barrel then took offtrigger guard....well the butt stock was next was i in for a surprise....the stock is a plastic one plus the fore arm is plastic too...well getting into the srew area was no problem but what followed was a surprise....i guess the years that the air and the oil had been trapped in that stock had creatted a smell that would have made a buzzurd puke....i really had to hold my breath several times while taking the stock screw out...my wife came into the room wanting to know where that terible smell was coming from....i sprayed a little air freshner in the stock but didnt seem to help....cleaned stock with soap and water didnt help much eityer...so i decided to put it back together after cleaningupthe rest of gun...took it out side and tried to fire it with no luck...i was shooting remington brand shells i should say attemting to shoot them...i tried once more still just a click..then i went and got a winchester shell well the old gun came to life...i then retried a remington shell just a click again....tried the winchester again fierd ok....looks like im gonna have to fire a remington in the left barrel and a winchester in the right barrel...will take it apart again when i get up the nerve to take that allfull smell again....i guess you need to air dry those old plastic stocks once in awhile.....charlie