PDA

View Full Version : Very rare....16ga. repro fact snap-caps

Kenny Graft
12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
These are the real deal...with correct markings. These are old stock from Cape outfitters now Jeffs outfitters. I perchased 6 sets for me. He may have a few sets left....39.99 1-573-651-3200 Thanks all SXS ohio...(-:

Bob Jurewicz
12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Ken,
Thank you!!! I left a message that I would like 2 sets. Hopefully Jeff's still has them.
Bob jurewicz

Paul Ehlers
12-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I ordered two sets on line & didn't get a back order or out of stock message.

Thanks for the heads-up Kenny!!!

Bob Jurewicz
12-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Jeff's has about 4 sets left.
Bob Jurewicz

Paul Ehlers
12-28-2010, 06:03 PM
UPS just dropped off my two sets of the 16ga snap-caps. These are really a neat bid of reproduction history. You can tell they have been sitting around for a long time. They are wrapped in tissue paper that is fading and the tape holding it together is yellowing. When you un-wrap them the caps are as shiny as new dime with that nice 16ga stamped in the head.

I only un-wrapped one set & will keep the other set just like they've been for the last twenty or so years.

Once again Kenny, thanks for the heads-up on these.

Bob Jurewicz
12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Got mine today also! Thanks Ken!!!!
Bob Jurewicz

Bob Jurewicz
12-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Alert!!! I unwrapped one set of these to use. One of the "primers" was stuck solid in its pocket. Needed to be pounded out, cleaned up and replaced for proper plunger movement. If it were to be used as it was it would be like the hammer pin striking a solid hardened steel block.
Bob Jurewicz

Paul Ehlers
12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Bob,

Thanks for the heads-up!

My question is due to the rarity of these. Why would you want to use them? I have other snap caps to use in my guns. I've never dropped the hammer on any of the original caps that came with my repro's.

One of my pet peeves when looking at unfired repro's for sale is the dents in the snap caps. This drives me crazy, a new condition gun and used snap-caps. But that's just me!

Bob Jurewicz
12-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Paul,
I got 4 sets. The one I opened will be used with my shooter 20/16 Repro. The others I'll save for when I sell the set and claim it is new and unfired. Ha ha!
Bob Jurewicz

Bill Anderson
12-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Bob,

Thanks for the heads-up!

My question is due to the rarity of these. Why would you want to use them? I have other snap caps to use in my guns. I've never dropped the hammer on any of the original caps that came with my repro's.

One of my pet peeves when looking at unfired repro's for sale is the dents in the snap caps. This drives me crazy, a new condition gun and used snap-caps. But that's just me!

The snap caps being "used" doesn't bother me, easy to throw in a new set, as much as so called cased unfired guns being assembled so many times the bone dry standing breech and barrel lug are scratched heavily. I have seen seven or eight Repros and all were scratched from assembly. On the other hand I have seen four Winchester 23s so far without any noticeable scratches from assembly, unless they were all polished before the sale.
Also I received two 16 snap cap sets in good order, but also ordered a new set of Parker Reproduction 28 ga and they were missing the "ga" on the head stamp. I guess they were a Reproduction of a Reproduction so I sent them back.