PDA

View Full Version : RECEIVER AND BARRELL NUMBERS DO NOT MATCH

BOB PETERS
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
FIRST POSTING I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR THREE YEARS AND THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING. THIS PAST WEEKEND I VISITED A LOCAL PAWN SHOP AND EXAMINED A GRADE G PARKER.THE RECEIVER IS SER.#119434 AND THE BARRELLS ARE SER#150783. SPLINTER FOREARM NUMBER MATCHES BARRELLS. RECEIVER IS SIZE 2,GRADE GH. BARRELL WEIGHT IS 4#7OZ, BARRELL FLATS ARE STAMPED WITH A 3-D-C AND A {WK}, ALSO THE TANG IS STAMPED WITH B2--V. EXTRACTORS, BARREL LENGTH 30 " UN CUT, CHOKES UN KNOWN AT THIS TIME. DOGS HEAD BUT PLATE, SMALL CRACKS EITHER SIDE OF LOWER SCREW. ENGRAVING IS MODERATE AT BEST. OVERALL THIS GUN NEEDS A GOOD CLEANING AND SHOULD MAKE A FINE SHOOTER. WAS TOLD THIS GUN WAS LISTED ONLINE THIS PAST WINTER, ANYONE SEE IT? IS IT POSSIBLT THE GUN WAS SENT BACK TO THE FACTORY FOR NEW BARRELLS AS THEY FIT UP TIGHT? ASKING PRICE IS 1895$. I'ME THINKING 1400 TO 1500.IWILL OBTAIN A LETTER ON THIS ONE IF AND I BUY. YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE. BOB P.

Dean Romig
07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Unless someone can come up with some indisputable evidence that Parker Bros. fit the replacement barrels to the gun it remains a "put-together" gun. Are the barrels Damascus or fluid steel? Your note of the barrel flats being stamped a 3, a D and a C indicates they are Damascus (D) barrels originally from a DH (grade 3).
As it is as you describe the gun I would say the value would be somewhat lower than the $1400 you suggest.

Gill Frye
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I looked at one very similar to what you described in Troy, N.C., might even be the same gun ( I'm way east of you I know but sometimes these pawn guys trade among themselves). He had it priced at $1300, very rough piece. If I were you I would look around some because you should be able to do alot better than that deal.
Regards,
Gill

BOB PETERS
07-27-2009, 08:54 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GENTLEMEN. I'LL PASS ON THIS ONE. THANKS AGAIN BOB

Bill Murphy
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I assume that a factory rebarrel would be numbered to the receiver. The time to get a letter on a dubious gun is before you buy it, not after. I agree, a Damascus GH with mixed parts is nowhere near a $1400 gun.