PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Duck Hunter Switches To A Parker

Theodore LeDurt
12-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I am coming down the back stretch as a waterfowler. Decided I would finish out my waterfowl hunting shooting using 100+ year old doubles. My English 1904 pigeon gun was a bit light at 7lb 3oz, and having always been a fan of Nash Buckingham (can't afford an HE Fox), so I decided a newer heavy gun was needed.

Upgrading by three years (hehe), I have just purchased a 1906 DH Parker with 32" barrels and a straight grip (like Nash's), weighing 8lb 4ozs. Since the gun has been restocked and I enjoy shooting over decoys, the right barrel is being opened to .009 and the left .017. Experience has showed this to be a good combo for me.

Having owned a number of Spanish doubles and one English, I am looking forward to getting back to shooting an American double.

I am enthusiastic about being a member of this site.

Dave Suponski
12-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Welcome Theodore! Glad you found us! You should think about becoming a member of the PGCA there are many benefits including a members only forum and our wonderful quarterly magazine The Parker Pages.

Larry Frey
12-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a real duck slayer you got there Theodore. Please post some photo's of your new Parker and ducks from your next hunt.

Dean Romig
12-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Theodore, you're going to love hunting with that Parker. It sounds like just the right medicine for ducks coming in to the decoys.
So, how many more Parkers do you think you'll be getting?
Smart money says that's not your last!
As Dave says, you really should consider the benefits of joining the PGCA. It's definitely worth the $40.