PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah

Jack Cronkhite
12-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Couldn't resist this shot. After a hard day on the snowshoes chasing roosters with a heavy enough Parker, what could be better than to encounter such a sign? Lit by the setting sun, it gleamed like a beacon to a ship in distress. No fear of heat prostration here. But then, it pointed to a long closed facility in another of those places with population - "a few".

Cheers,
Jack

Rich Anderson
12-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Jack now that your blood is thinner there are two thing that you might want to consider. One is that wiskey will warm the coddels of your well being better than cold beer especially on a cold day. Two a nice 16 O frame will be lighter to carry and still pack plenty of punch for the heartiest of Roosters. As it's lighter it will be healthier for you carry for extended periods afield. It's the holidays so go ahead and treat yourself after all it is for your health:)

charlie cleveland
12-12-2010, 03:10 PM
all guns will get heavy after truding through the snow all day....also make you work up a powerful thirst....a good cup of hot chocalate will have to be for me..... charlie

Jack Cronkhite
12-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Impeccable thinking Rich. Although, a cold beer can be a steamy beverage here. Academic for me at the moment - Doc says leave it all alone for the next while - i.e. as long as warfarin is part of the daily diet. Gosh, what to do with a winter's supply of ol' John Barleycorn and some of his Scottish relatives? I don't have a picture of a 16 0 frame, where do you find that??

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/normal_20080213_IMG_9999_8sgw.JPG

Jack Cronkhite
12-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Charlie: Nothin' better than a thermos of hot chocolate for just such a day. I find water to be the best to end a hiking thirst and a thermos of black coffee to warm the innards and the hands. Hot chocolate is a treat. :)
Cheers
Jack

Rich Anderson
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Jack, IF Santa brings me a camera and someone teaches me to use it and post pics I'll show you several 16 O frame guns. My last three Parkers are all 16 O frames:)

Jack Cronkhite
12-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Rich: IF there is a Santa and IF he/she(?) brings you a camera, let me know and I will see if an "old dog" can be taught new tricks - (by another old dog).

Cheers,
Jack