PDA

View Full Version : SBT Ejector question

Frank Srebro
02-25-2020, 12:06 PM
Over the years I've owned 9 vintage SBT guns by various makers and 4 of them had the ejector modified so that the fired hull would kick a bit early against the standing breech and thus keep the hull from being thrown to the ground unless caught by the hand. Of course I understand why that might have been done.

I wonder how common this practice was back in the day. Have any of you seen this with your vintage SBT's?

Chuck Bishop
02-25-2020, 12:22 PM
I've never heard of it being done. Can you see that it's been deliberately modified? Usually when a gun does that, it's out of time and needs to be fixed.

Frank Srebro
02-25-2020, 03:34 PM
I understand Chuck about worn parts, but I ask about SBT guns that were deliberately put out of time to fire the ejector a bit early as the gun is opened. One of my buds who's a long time trap shooter told me that was fairly common mod done for shooters who were heavy into reloading. 4 of 9 guns I’ve owned seem to add some credence to what he says.

Bill Murphy
02-26-2020, 09:10 AM
I have an SC with all the ejector parts removed. I imagine it would be expensive to find the needed parts. By the way a shooter who needs mechanical help to catch empties needs some "educatin".

ED J, MORGAN
02-28-2020, 10:31 AM
one with really short term memory loss??

Mike Koneski
02-29-2020, 10:12 AM
one with really short term memory loss??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well said Ed!!

Mike Koneski
02-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Maybe moving their hand to catch the shell took too much focus away from timing the squad cadence or from rotating the next shell with the letters upright so they wouldn't miss? Those trap guys are very OCD you know. :shock:

Bill Murphy
02-29-2020, 12:40 PM
I certainly didn't mean to criticize, but some shooters use their ejector guns for decades and never learn to catch a shell. Some learn it on the first round. At some gun clubs, you had better learn it on the first round, or you will spend a lot of time crawling around picking empties off the ground.

Mike Koneski
02-29-2020, 12:53 PM
You are correct Bill. Some guys learning curves are much longer.:rotf:o