PDA

View Full Version : Mich sporting clays

Richard Flanders
11-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Went and shot a round of 50 sporting clays with John Dallas today at the Island Lake course. Gorgeous day and great company. Unfortunately Jay Gardner was nowhere to be found to join us.... We apparently competed to see who could shoot the lowest score.... I won, of course! Nice place. John has some v nice shotguns in his safe. Ever see a straight gripped Mod 42 Winchester??? Gorgeous. We followed the shooting up with a beer at Johns favorite local Irish bar. Thanks John; we'll hopefully do it again next year at Bald Mtn.

John Dallas
11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I supose there is some sort of rule about posting here without including the "P" word, but I want to tell you that the Daly Rich was shooting was a beauty. Enjoyed the day. Wish we could have rounded up Gardner, but I supose that is the curse of those who still have to work.

Jay Gardner
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Rich,

I can't tell you how disappointed I was not to have been able to join you and John this afternoon. I am blessed to have a schedule that is pretty flexible but Mondays are the exception to the rule, especially at the end of a month.

We need to work on the good Mr. Dallas. He's a true gentleman, a good sport and a great judge of whiskey BUT his taste in guns is a little misguided but hey, nobody is perfect.

Send out a warning the next time you are going to be in town. It would be great to meet you, burn a little powder and talk about the good stuff.

Cheers,

Jay

Eric Eis
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
You guys were shooting right around the corner from me....:crying: Next time you come in this area give me a call or is it something I said :eek: Eric

Dean Romig
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Eric, Rich said they were "shooting for low score" and they knew if they included you that you'd walk off with the trophy. What's so hard to understand about that? :duck:

Dave Suponski
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Now that's rude....Tough crowd here this evening......:rolleyes:

Richard Flanders
11-30-2010, 06:31 AM
By the way, if you get the chance to visit John, make sure you get to handle and hear the story on his Remington 3200 "directors gun". A truly stunning example with an incredible story to go along with it. Never seen that bbl selector before and understand it is v reliable. Even Murphy likes it I was told... that says a lot, eh?

Rich Anderson
11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Island Lake is a nice course. I have shot with John in Lewiston and I believe he used a Kreigoff then. As Jay said his taste in guns is somewhat suspect:whistle:

Rich there is a straight grip M42 in my safe also:) It makes for a fine rabbit gun.

Dave Suponski
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Rich, Please send afore mentioned Model 42 to Connecticut...I have a nice straight grip Model 12 two barrel set that needs company:rolleyes:

BTW...Did your daughter get the book?

John Dallas
11-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey - I'm getting better. Krieghoff is 2 years old. M21 I shot yesterday is 60 years old. At least I'm going in the right direction!