PDA

View Full Version : Albino for Photo Friday

Russ Jackson
11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I figured I would post these here today ,since it is Photo Friday. Early May ,I was out in the lower field below my house ,when what appeared to be a large White Rabbit caught my eye standing in some short weeds at the south west corner of the field ,upon further inspection ,it turned out to be a very small and actually New Born Fawn , I have seen her quite often during the Spring and throughout the Summer ,In archery season one evening ,she came in under my stand and fed on A Corns for over an hour ,she is beautiful ,Pink inside her ears ,Pink Nose ,Pink Eyes and even her hooves are a light pink in color !Here are a couple of photos of her taken by my neighbor about six or seven weeks ago just as the leaves were turning ! Russ!

scott kittredge
11-26-2010, 09:31 PM
hmm, the other white meat :rolleyes:

Jeff Kuss
11-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Here is a picture of an albino fawn I saw in New Jersey last year.
Jeff

Russ Jackson
11-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Jeff ,Very nice ! Did you get a good look at the little deer ,she appears to have a little brown on her head and a small spot on her back ? I wonder if this one at our place makes it through the season and breeds ,if this is what her fawns will look like .

Jeff Kuss
11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Russ,
I only saw the fawn for about 5 minutes. Just long enough to grab my camera and get a couple pictures. I don't believe that Sue has seen it since. The doe had a normal fawn also.

Eric Eis
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Here in Michigan it is illegal to shoot an albino deer, plus as the story goes it very bad "luck" too. Eric

Dean Romig
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Can't shoot them in Vermont either. That one wouldn't be considered a true albino with that brown fur. Those are called Piebald and generally don't have the pink eyes of an albino. Nor does Vermont allow the taking (killing) of piebald deer either.

calvin humburg
12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
good one Scott