PDA

View Full Version : todays pheasants

Richard Flanders
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM
All this talk about melanistic pheasants and lo and behold today I got to hunt some on a preserve today. They are truly gorgeous birds. It was a VERY windy day and we only found 4 of the 11 birds put out but had a good time nonetheless. I used my Daly but the hammer gun looks sooo much better in pictures.....

William Maynard
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice birds Richard. I hear you on the Melanistic Pheasants......Beautiful Birds.... What kind of dogs did you hunt with?

Richard Flanders
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
The high school friend I hunted with has a v nice and not at all hyper Brittany who hunts at a steady pace all day and has a v good nose and a soft mouth, AND my friend knows how to hunt. It's a very fun hunt that I very much look forward to. Today I hunted with Rich Anderson, Eric Eis, and Kurt Densmore. I was the only one who didn't bring along a stunning D-grade Parker to hunt with. Rich's Bernard bbld 16ga is a sight to behold for sure. Many many thanks and kudos to Rich for setting this hunt up every year. Kurt and I finished off the day over a pleasant McRibs and Dbl cheezeburger dinner at the Shepard McDonalds with much discussion over the future of pheasants in Michigan and other related topics. I'll leave it to Kurt to post photos of the hunt as I failed to take my camera afield.