PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer’s Thread for PGCA display booth/tables at Hausemann’s (Vintagers)

Russell E. Cleary
08-25-2019, 03:08 PM
I would like to hear from any PGCA Members who are interested in coordinating a loose schedule to man the PGCA gun display table at Hausemann’s in September 2019. My understanding is that, thus far, we have (4) table cloths and one wall banner received at Hausemann’s, but no identified crew to man the display table.

I am not looking to be the leader of this, having never been involved in gun displays before; but I do wish to hear from others who are willing to contribute, so a plan can be put in place.

I suggest for these discussions we communicate via email, and not on this Thread or by Private Message on this Forum. Mine is skipjack93@yahoo.com.

I also ask that others who have done this before, especially Members from other regions who will not be a part of this, pass on some advice as to how one of these display projects can avoid pitfalls and be best executed.

Thank you,

Russell Cleary

Mills Morrison
08-26-2019, 09:38 AM
Harry and I will be around late Friday and Saturday and we will help out.

Chuck Bishop
08-26-2019, 09:58 AM
I'll be there sometime Thursday morning and if the tables and banner haven't been set up when I arrive, I'll take care of it. I'll bring along a 7 gun rack. I'll have some cable ties or spring clamps to hang the banner. I don't think we'll have a problem manning the tables. With the distance to parking, I expect we'll all be gathered around the tables most of the time, in fact, it might get crowded.

Steve Cambria
08-26-2019, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Russell E. Cleary;279965]
I also ask that others who have done this before, especially Members from other regions who will not be a part of this, pass on some advice as to how one of these display projects can avoid pitfalls and be best executed.

No worries, Russell. If you're at all confounded, simply take a gander at the Concours d'Elegance that will be emanating from your A.H. Fox brethren who I'm happy to report will be to your immediate left (or right) this year!! (Three days with the Tool Man, Your Eminence!!) Our showman of showmen, the esteemed "P.T. Barnum McCormack" is planning on showcasing some of "Philadelphia's Phinest!!" Looking forward to breaking bread (and as always, a few walnuts) with our friends from Cherry St.!! :corn::rotf::

Ad Roll----A.H. Fox Sales Dept.

Russell E. Cleary
08-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Members:

Progress is being made on this and communications continue to be mainly via email.

So far, no theme for guns to be displayed has emerged, and only a couple of guns have been proposed for the three tables. Maybe caprice will be the prevailing non-policy and will eventually work out OK.

One seven gun-capacity rack has been committed for one of the three tables, thus far.

REC

Dean Romig
08-27-2019, 10:43 AM
I have a 7-gun rack I will loan and if Russell and I can get together before the event maybe he has room enough to take it with him - I won't be arriving until Friday afternoon.

I also have a few extra copies of back issues of Parker Pages that can be put on the tables for non-members to peruse or if they'd like to take a copy with them for websites and contacts found in it... and to sample the fine articles within.

Mills Morrison
08-27-2019, 11:14 AM
A big thanks to Russell for taking the lead on this!

It should be a great time and I hope to see a bunch of you all there. Now is the time to order your tickets for the annual meeting if you have not done so

Dean Romig
08-27-2019, 11:26 AM
What Mills said +1 !!!!

Larry Frey
08-27-2019, 12:04 PM
Mills,
Will the Raffle Gun be there as well as tickets for sale?

Dean Romig
08-27-2019, 12:42 PM
Mills,
Will the Raffle Gun be there as well as tickets for sale?

I sure hope so, it is our last chance before the AM to sell tickets.

Mills Morrison
08-27-2019, 01:21 PM
I am not sure, but I hope so. Ed Morgan is the one to ask about that.

Mills Morrison
08-27-2019, 01:22 PM
We are working on a golf cart for PGCA members to help ferry people from the parking lot to the tents and back. Don't let the parking arrangement discourage you from coming

Thanks to Chuck Bishop for bringing it up and assisting with arrangements!

Dean Romig
08-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Hey thanks Chuck!

Mike Koneski
08-27-2019, 05:02 PM
FYI, the raffle gun is in the area. Jeff brought it along when he came to the Rock Mountain Northern SxS Challenge. I am also bringing the Smith-Parker Cups along. LCS can keep their 2 cups and take them to the Southern and PGCA can keep theirs and take it to the Southern. All 3 cups will be delivered to the respective tables on Thursday AM unless someone comes by here first and picks them up.

Mills Morrison
08-27-2019, 05:09 PM
The big Challenge Trophy should be there too

Chuck Bishop
08-27-2019, 06:28 PM
The PGCA's 4 man cart has been rented for the weekend. It's not to be used for shooting, it's to be used by members who need transportation to and from the display tent.

Steve Cambria
08-28-2019, 07:28 AM

THANKS Chuck!! That'll work!!

PGCA members are also welcome to grab the Fox Collector's shuttle donated to us by our newest FPC sponsor, IBM.

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 08:13 AM
Here we go.... The usual “Ladies of Meriden” taunting should start any day now...

Chuck Bishop
08-28-2019, 12:19 PM
Tool Man, you look good driving that rig. I'm sure you have a licence, right? This back and forth banter will go on till the shoot is over!

Mike Koneski
08-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Losing Association President must chauffer the winning team around the course shooting the Main event. I hope Tool has a chauffer's cap!! :corn:

Mills Morrison
08-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Just no memes with Steve in drag, please.

Mike Koneski
08-28-2019, 04:45 PM
THE NEW CHAUFFER.....

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 04:48 PM
We can find one for Tool... and will it ever fit!

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 04:49 PM

Why not???

I have a REALLY good one of Steve.

Chuck Bishop
08-28-2019, 04:54 PM
I don't care, that's pretty funny right there! Good job Mike but watch your back:shock::rotf:

Mike Koneski
08-28-2019, 06:56 PM
I’m not afraid Chuck. That was just a quick throw together.

Mike Koneski
08-28-2019, 06:56 PM
I’m not afraid Chuck. That was just a quick throw together.

Mike Koneski
08-29-2019, 09:58 AM

Mills, is that a challenge???? :eek:

Steve Cambria
08-29-2019, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=Dean Romig;280173]Here we go.... The usual “Ladies of Meriden” taunting should start any day now...

Come now Dean, the esteemed men of N. 18th St. would never stoop to such depths. (Incidentally, I believe it was "Matrons") :whistle:

Chuck Bishop
This back and forth banter will go on till the shoot is over!

Yuh got that right, Chuckles!!It's going to be a loooooong--arrrrrse three weeks! Might I suggest Amazon Prime as the most competitive source for asbestos panties!!! :corn:

Mike Koneski
THE NEW CHAUFFER.....

Touché….though merely a glancing blow from our own, Benedict Arnold Koneski!! :cuss:

Mike Koneski
08-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Benedict Arnold! ���� Not much shooting on the Philly side of things. More like a “Free Agent”.