PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Annual Silent Auction

Dean Romig
08-14-2019, 11:35 AM
Dear Friends and Members of the Parker Gun Collector's Association

The 2019 PGCA Silent Auction will be held at our Annual Meeting and Banquet on Saturday night, September 21 which is announced elsewhere on this PGCA Forum. Due to the support from both PGCA Members and businesses that specialize in sporting related products the Silent Auction has been extremely successful in generating much needed revenue to help defray the ever increasing costs of operating this fine organization.

The items to be donated need not be new; just something you think might be of interest to your fellow PGCA members. In the past some of the best items were handmade items from some of our talented members. Please look around at your accumulations of shooting and sporting equipment for items you thought you needed but find you can now do without and contact either Dean Romig or Larry Frey for a shipping address. The auction is a benefit to our entire membership and we thank you for your continued support.

In past years PGCA member businesses have donated terrific hunting trips to various parts of the country for pheasants, grouse, woodcock, turkeys, hogs, alligators and so on. Other businesses have contributed some of the finest clothing, shoes, luggage, cases, knives, books, subscriptions, you name it - somebody has probably contributed something like it for the Silent Auction.

And some members have contributed items from their own gun rooms and collections.

Each and every item donated will need to be evaluated and cataloged so please get them to Larry or myself as soon as you can to be sure it gets into the Silent Auction.

Hoping to hear from all of you!!

Mills Morrison
08-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Thanks to Dean and Larry for taking charge of this! It will be fun! I will find something to donate

Dean Romig
08-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Correction made to my initial post.... we do not have a VH donated this year.... yet.

That donated VH was from last year's auction

Mills Morrison
08-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Dang! I was getting excited

Dean Romig
08-14-2019, 02:32 PM
You must have a Parker you can donate Mills, don't you? :whistle:

Dean Romig
08-14-2019, 02:52 PM
I have several items I will donate to the auction. I'll list them here when I get a tally of what I'll donate.

Eric Eis
08-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Are we going to allow members that can't attend to send in a bid by email? Might help increase the bids

Dean Romig
08-14-2019, 03:42 PM
As we have adopted in the last year or two, we allow a proxy bid or bidder.

Eric Eis
08-15-2019, 02:40 PM
As we have adopted in the last year or two, we allow a proxy bid or bidder.

Dean can you explain how one goes about putting in a proxy bid?

Dean Romig
08-15-2019, 03:58 PM
You arrange with someone who will be there to bid for you up to the limit you set. Your proxy, should you win the item, will need to pay for it when he takes posession of it.

Randy G Roberts
08-15-2019, 08:43 PM
You can count on me for something. I shall start scheming...

Dean Romig
08-16-2019, 11:57 PM
We have only about four weeks remaining in which items for the silent auction can be donated.

Please contact either Larry Frey or myself if you need addresses where to send your auction items or if you have any questions at all.

Mike Koneski
08-18-2019, 04:39 PM
You must have a Parker you can donate Mills, don't you? :whistle:

Mills has that Lefever parts gun!!

Mills Morrison
08-18-2019, 04:44 PM
Had. It is gone now.

Dean Romig
08-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Please folks - we have just over three weeks to the Annual Meeting Silent Auction.

We have had very few commitments of contributions.

Thanks Very Much - in advance.

Randy G Roberts
08-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Dean do you need to know what we are bringing or just that we are going to bring an item ?

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Yes Randy we need to know exactly what it is and it’s value. We usually start the minimum bid at about half the retail value.... but we need to include all this in the 2019 Silent Auction spreadsheet program.

Thanks, Dean

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 03:15 PM
We just heard from Bob Hayes, owner of Little Lake Lodge in Florida. He is donating a dove hunt for two people in the first week of the Florida dove season in 2020!

That sounds exciting!

Eric Eis
08-28-2019, 04:56 PM
We just heard from Bob Hayes, owner of Little Lake Lodge in Florida. He is donating a dove hunt for two people in the first week of the Florida dove season in 2020!

That sounds exciting!

Dean, find someone in the Midwest or higher southern states, a dove shoot is on my bucket list....

Dean Romig
08-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Sorry.... we can’t please all of the people all of the time...:bigbye:

Mills Morrison
08-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Eric, you can fly and I bet Bob's hunt would be a good one to go on.

Drakes has dove hunts too and it is great. Julia and I went on one several years ago.

Larry Frey
08-28-2019, 06:24 PM
PGCA member Bob Hayes has generously donated a different hunt for at least the last five years and we can't thank him enough. For those that can't make it to Florida this year and like Parker collectables, below is a Parker oil lamp that as so many were was converted to electricity some time in it's past. For reference it stands approximately 22" tall overall.

Mike Koneski
08-28-2019, 07:53 PM
Nice!!

Dean Romig
08-29-2019, 02:55 PM
This Just In -

Just heard from Jerry Havel owner of the famous Pine Ridge Grouse Camp in Minnesota...

He has donated a grouse hunt just like he did last year for our Annual Silent Auction.... more details to follow.

Hunt Grouse and Woodcock at Pineridge Grouse Camp. Many thanks to PGCA member Jerry Havel who this year, once again, has donated a three day four night hunt for the King of game birds at his premier hunting facility in Northern Minnesota for the fall of 2020. This hunt is for one hunter but others can be added at their own expense, and includes lodging, ammo, guides, dogs, meals, bird cleaning, and more. Pineridge is not responsible for transportation or non-resident license. This is a $3,000.00 value and you can get more information on their website https://www.pineridgegrousecamp.com/.

We have also heard from Bob Hayes, owner of Little Creek Lodge in Florida, who has donated a two-day hunt for two people on the weekend of the 2020 Dove Opener.

Randy G Roberts
08-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Very generous. Many thanks to Jerry !

Mills Morrison
09-03-2019, 08:41 AM
I am doing something different this year. I have put together a collection of old articles and other stuff. Limited edition of 100 will have 5 at the annual meeting and 100 percent of the proceeds go to PGCA. $50 each

Dean Romig
09-03-2019, 09:05 AM
Are you going to put a copy in the Silent Auction Mills?

Mills Morrison
09-03-2019, 10:50 AM
Was not planning on putting one in the silent auction but this seemed like the logical place to put it. I really could not find anything great for the silent auction

Dean Romig
09-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Back To The Top

We are a bit short on donations for the Silent Auction just less than three weeks away.

Please make donations HERE to this PGCA Fundraiser. Or send a PM to either Larry Frey or myself to tell us what you have...

Thanks All...

PS - My post above about hunting trips has been edited to include a Florida Dove Hunt For Two !!

Bob Hayes
09-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Here are a few pictures of the fields and birds this season.The opening weekend(which is what I intended the gift cert for)is unbelievable.Whitewing,morning and collared doves.I know its a specific weekend but there is a year to plan.

Bob Hayes
09-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Trying to post a couple clips.
Well I guess video can't be posted.

Dean Romig
09-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Post a link to your website where the videos can be viewed.

Bob Hayes
09-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Here is a link to our Facebook page.I know not everyone uses this but you should be able to see the dove post anyhow.

https://www.facebook.com/Little-Lake-Lodge-Okeechobee-Florida-359528747428662/

Mills Morrison
09-10-2019, 08:05 PM
I plan to send the 5 books off to Larry tomorrow. I am throwing in two extra for the silent auction. Here are some pictures of the additional books as well as a preview of my book

Mike Koneski
09-15-2019, 04:45 PM
We will be donating a beautiful book "Woodcock Rising" by Steve Smith. Great read and very nice sketches.

Dean Romig
09-15-2019, 07:15 PM
We received the books Mills - Very nice!

Larry Frey
09-18-2019, 03:19 PM
As a reminder for those attending the Annual Meeting, we are unable to accept credit cards at the event so anyone bidding in the Silent Auction will need to have cash or check for the items they win. We have a nice selection of books, art, tools, ammo, as well as gift certificates from BMD Gun Stocks, and Bachalder Master Gunmakers. Also in the mix is a dove hunt in Florida at Little Lake Lodge, and a grouse and woodcock hunt in northern Minnesota at Pine Ridge Grouse Camp. We look forward to another great event.

Dean Romig
09-19-2019, 11:17 PM
Thank You Everybody who donated such quality items for our Silent Auction Fundraiser this year. I know we have far more auction items to put out for bids than are mentioned on this thread. These all are some really desirable items and once again, we thank everyone who contributed something.

We'll see you all there...... :smiley7: