PDA

View Full Version : Sawed-off (Parker) Shotgun

Everett Miller
07-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Thank you.

Steve Huffman
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
The First thing I would do is delete Your Post the barrels are not legal !!!!

Everett Miller
07-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks.
I think.

Everett Miller
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Mr. Huffman,
I do not see an option to delete my original post. Can you assist?
Since I have gone from coffee table ornament to illegal firearm perhaps I can ask the same questions without the barrel length and visions of the outcome from a bad guy using a 135 year-old damascus barreled gun.

George Lander
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Just as an asside to this thread, my old friend Ross Beard was given a sawed off Parker shotgun that was once the property of John Dillinger by G-Man Melvin Purvis. Ross, as a teenager was a neighbor of Mr. Purvis in Florence, South Carolina. It was his job to clean the firearms in Mr. Purvis collection. Ross is mentioned numerous times in Alston Purvis new book "VENDETTA", which exposes the animosity and jealousy of J. Edgar Hoover toward Mr. Purvis. I have yet to see the movie "Public Enemies" but the Parker, in a handome display case, along with a number of weapons from Mr. Purvis collection is on loan to the new military museum at the South Carolina National Guard Armoury in Columbia. (Ross, also, was the author of the biography of Marshall "Carbine" Williams and a number of Williams weapons are there as well).

Best Regards, George