PDA

View Full Version : Another interesting “Parker Bros.”

Brian Dudley
06-10-2019, 12:58 PM
I have seen a good amount of interesting variations of the Parker Bros. name that is engraved on the sides of Hammerless guns.

This is the first time I have seen an example like this with the very long tail on the “R”.

Dean Romig
06-10-2019, 08:09 PM
I remember seeing a VH like that at a gun show in Augusta, ME about 15 years ago. It also had that same fine “graver walk” border engraving done with a narrower graver.

Richard Flanders
06-12-2019, 04:33 PM
I like it!

edgarspencer
06-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Brian, Are both sides alike?

Brian Dudley
06-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Brian, Are both sides alike?

Yes. They are.
The gun is a very early VH 28g.

Rick Losey
06-18-2019, 09:10 AM
nice, reminds one of the old script signatures

but i find the layout planning interesting - the P is thin and curved right up against the action screw border - but then the s is spaced a bit from the o

Larry Frey
06-18-2019, 11:29 AM
I had one that looked just like it.

Brian Dudley
06-18-2019, 11:35 AM
It's the same gun Larry. FYI.

Stephen Stanley
03-21-2022, 05:08 PM
Is this s something special? It's the only one I got that looks like it

edgarspencer
03-22-2022, 11:13 AM
My Dad's first Parker. I always liked the exaggerated P and B.

Arthur Shaffer
03-22-2022, 01:15 PM
Not a hijack but related to the topic here. I saw this item the other day
"Guns International #: 101887531"

It caught my eye because it is listed at Puglisi as a D grade lifter. It certainly looks like an early lifter but a Dollar Grade near the top. I am not really familiar with Lifters of this quality level but it is certainly well above from any D grade I have seen. The Parker Brothers is particularly curious. The whole gun reminds me of an Irish or Celtic motif.

I didn't want to swipe the picture and post here, but it is worth a peek. It may be something rather common, but I have never seen one quite like it in any Parker literature I remember.

By the way, the gun looks pretty original but not in high condition.

Stan Hoover
03-22-2022, 01:57 PM
Not a hijack but related to the topic here. I saw this item the other day
"Guns International #: 101887531"

It caught my eye because it is listed at Puglisi as a D grade lifter. It certainly looks like an early lifter but a Dollar Grade near the top. I am not really familiar with Lifters of this quality level but it is certainly well above from any D grade I have seen. The Parker Brothers is particularly curious. The whole gun reminds me of an Irish or Celtic motif.

I didn't want to swipe the picture and post here, but it is worth a peek. It may be something rather common, but I have never seen one quite like it in any Parker literature I remember.

By the way, the gun looks pretty original but not in high condition.

I noticed that one also Art, kinda like that 4 leaf clover if you will, and then the circle with the dog at the rear of the plate.

Arthur Shaffer
03-22-2022, 05:11 PM
Yep, I thought everything about the engraving was a little different than the norm. I also, with what you could see, that the engraving was of a pretty nice quality and different than a lot. to bad the gun is so tired looking.