PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Brent Francis
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Hello all, My name is Brent and Ive been interested in Parkers for a long time. i have visited the forum several times but decided to take the plunge and log in today I own two parkers one is a GHE 16 ga I bought 20years ago. I also have an old trojan 12 ga with a bulge in the left barrel that I bought for a hundred bucks and have been looking for some replacement barrels to fit it for 10 years. Its one of the old ones with the barrel extention. When I figure out how to attach pictures I will post some of the 16 I have some questions about whats original and whats not. Look forward to joining the discussions

Dean Romig
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi Brent and Welcome! So glad you introduced yourself. Please post your questions, show pictures when you have it figured out how it's done, and join in on the discussions when you feel comfortable doing so. We are a group with every level of experience and in many ways we all learn from each other.

Again, Welcome!

Dave Suponski
11-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Welcome Brent, Stick around there is alot to be learned here and some fun to be had as well.....:)

calvin humburg
11-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Brent, good day a small bulge really don't hurt the shotability of the gun but I always say never say never. I'd have someone look at it. ch

Brent Francis
11-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Calvin,
Thanks for the welcome. Id been shooting the trojan with a bulge for a long time with out much thought but a friend got me worried about it so I took it to briley's here in town. The guy at the sale counter (not sure he is a smith) said it probably wasnt safe. besides Ive been looking for a project so Ive decided to hunt down a cheap trojan with bad wood etc and see if I can make one good gun out of two bad ones.

Dean Romig
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Brent, a bulge can be removed by a good gunsmith. I'm surprised Briley's didn't offer to do the job. There are plenty of smiths who can do the job, Kirk Merrington in Terrell TX for instance. Why not post a couple of pictures of the bulge and we'll let you know what we think.

Brent Francis
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Dean,
I will post tomorrow when I can go out and photo in good light. I will be very interested in what you think. Thanks
Brent

Richard Flanders
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Brent: Not to worry....Bulges can generally be fairly easily removed to where they are nearly undetectable.