PDA

View Full Version : A Southern Gentalman

Rich Anderson
05-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Ike has a new buddy (although I'm not positive he's used to the concept yet) Duke is here to stay. Some of the best dogs I have had the privileged to be owned by have come about as unplanned events. Duke is no exception. I got a call from Chuck Brunner that a friend had bought a GSP pup as a gift for her teenage son. Said teen did nothing with the dog and Chuck was enlisted to find him a good home. I really didn't want another male and had a deposit on a female from the same kennel Ike came from. I called everyone I could think of but most of my hunting friends are setter fans and I was not able to find a home for Duke.

Chuck sent videos almost daily of Duke working with his pointers. He was pointing, backing and retrieving. Chuck said he was a nice little guy very laid back and smart. He was well on his way to being a started dog and in all honesty the price was way more than fair.

After much trial and tribulation with the wife I picked him on my way home from the Southern. He's 7 Months and has at least 10lbs on Ike but Ike chases him around the yard and dominates him. He's a very laid back pup esp for his age, not rambunctious in the least. He's going to make a fine grouse dog in the years to come.

He won't sit still long enough to get a good photo or maybe he's just bashful.

Matt Valinsky
05-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Good looking pup, looks like he might have some brains behind those eyes.

Rich Anderson
05-04-2019, 01:37 PM
He's smart that's for sure. No accidents in the house and have taught him to sit and stay when I bring him his food. I can put it down and he won't move until I give him the OK.

Matt Valinsky
08-17-2019, 07:15 PM
How is the little guy going?

davidboyles
08-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Rich what a fine looking dog and I am so happy he is in a good home. Good for Chuck to call you with this opportunity. Cheers!!