PDA

View Full Version : Brothers

Stephen Hodges
02-27-2019, 06:26 PM
My two boys, brothers, five years apart, Star and Cody:)

Ed Norman
02-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Steve,
Those dogs are just beautiful. That would be a good picture to frame and hang on your wall. Hope you get many great memories...

Stephen Hodges
02-27-2019, 07:21 PM
I am going to do that:)

Randy G Roberts
02-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Beautiful dogs for sure Steve. I like the idea of making a print. It made me think of the Pheasant Fest event this past weekend. If you are a dog lover you should put it on your list. I saw a lot of absolutely gorgeous bird dogs this past weekend. It was worth the trip just for that, not to mention the Parkers.

Ed Norman
02-27-2019, 08:39 PM
One of my best friends is a well known wildlife artist, I have always wanted to own one of his originals. When i sell my glass business, I am going to surprise my wife with a painting of our brittany from him. We are waiting for weather to clear so my buddy can take pictures. Not sure if just a head shot would be best, or the whole body. I didn't think I would like a whole body picture until I looked at your dogs together.

Dave Tatman
02-28-2019, 10:37 AM
From a fellow English Setter owner, that is a gorgeous photo of your pups, Steve. And I think I recall that the younger dog involved a long drive for you and a bit of a rescue, didn't it?

You should be very happy with those two boys! My boy, Beau, is totally gun-broke, whistle-broke, and pretty well on the way to whoa-broke at ten months. He is birdy as all get-out, so I couldn't be happier with my fella. And he's a lap-lover, too, much to the delight of my wife, who is a bit of a dog-whisperer in her own right.....

Dave

Stephen Hodges
02-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Dave, different dog. That dog i rescued was a half sister to these to. We kept her at the house for three months that summer but i had to ship her back to the breeder as she had developed some issues from her mistreatment that i could not deal with. The good news is that after 6 months back with the breeder she overcame them and was placed in a nice home and is a hunting fool now.

Dave Tatman
02-28-2019, 04:38 PM
A happy ending is always good, especially when it involves Man's Best Friend.....

Thanks, Steve. Hope all is well in New Hampshire!

Dave

Stephen Hodges
02-28-2019, 06:40 PM
This was the rescued half sister to my boys. This guy in Mananas, Va had purchased her as a started 12 month old dog. When he got her in early July 2015 he immediately took her with them camping and on the 4th of July had her staked out on a chain when the fireworks started. She was so upset that she choked herself on the chain and passed out. He was discussed with her and said that she was useless and was going to take her to the pound. When i got to his house she was in a crate in the living room and looked as if she had been beaten. He told me she would not come when called and was "too shy" to be a good dog. I got home with her late on a Saturday night. On Sunday morning i took her out in the yard on a leash. I decided to test her training and took her off the leash. She ran forward and i hit the whistle and called her back and she immediately responded to me. I never had her on a lead again. She was extremely shy of any loud noises. Notice that when he got her she was a started dog completely broke to shot. The fireworks had made her extremely shy to any loud noise. She was a true "pocket setter" weighing only 25 Lbs. A very sweet dog. Because my breeder in New Mexico is a very compassionate person she is now a happy hunting dog again.

Ed Norman
02-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Thank You for saving that dog. Good for you and your family. If there is a heaven for dog owners, you all have a place permanently reserved for you. Thank you again.