PDA

View Full Version : Havoc

Scott Janowski
02-25-2019, 11:42 AM
This is our 20 month old Tri color Brittany “Havoc” at the Northeast Futurity in Gainsville FL.
He won 2nd place in in the Field Trial, was Best Opposite in show and won the Dual Dog award!
We expect big things from this guy!

Rick Losey
02-25-2019, 12:25 PM
great name

"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war"

Act 3, Scene 1, of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar:

tom leshinsky
02-25-2019, 01:40 PM
can you show more close up pictures? who is the breeder?

Ed Norman
02-25-2019, 01:41 PM
Twoatlow8,
What a great and fit looking brittany you have. Congratulations on your achievements with your dog. My wife and I are the proud owners of 2 havanese and a brittany. Our first year hunting with him was some of my best hunting moments of my life. Congratulations again.

Scott Janowski
02-25-2019, 07:31 PM
A few more pictures,
He is from New Horizon Brittanys in CT.
His father is CH Mustang’s Sterling edition SH, Dame is GCH CH Shady Brook’s Measure for Measure.
Both have hunting, show and field trial backgrounds
Havoc will be at stud in 2020 after health test approval.

Ed Norman
02-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Scott,
I need to say this again, your dog is stunning. Our dog is about 21" tall, he is a big brittany, we got him down to 47 pounds from 65 pounds when we got him. During the second hunting season, he cut his foot, and immediately went over 50 pounds again. I showed my wife your first picture in your set of pictures you posted where I could faintly see his ribs. I am trying to get her to understand that ribs showing through is ok (she thinks were starving him) I think your picture just did more to make her understand than anything. Thanks for posting those pictures. I will try to post cash when he was 47 pounds and wet during a run if I can remember how.

Scott Janowski
02-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Thanks Ed, Havoc is 20” he is about 40 pounds. He is a pure joy, he just wants to please.

Ed Norman
02-26-2019, 07:32 AM
Scott, we measured his height last night, he is almost 22", thanks for the feeding info. Our dog will do anything you ask of him if we will take him hunting, or on a run. We are on the edge of spoiling him, but I know he appreciates what we do for him. The couple that had him previously fed him 3.5 cups of food a day if I remember correctly, without a lot of exercise. My wife almost pulled her arm out of her socket when she first started walking him. How old is the other dog in the dual dog picture? Have you had brittanies for a while? Just curious, if I was younger, we may have looked into field trials more. Thanks again for all your pictures, really enjoying them

Scott Janowski
02-26-2019, 08:09 AM
The other dog is “Pilot” he is almost 6 now. He is Havoc’s full brother. Pilot is an AKC Grand champion he is also an AKC senior hunter, he should get his master hunter this year.
My wife and I like the AKC hunt tests, you should look into it in your area.
It is more fun and I personally think an AKC Master hunter is a much better dog to hunt with than ANY field trial champion! I would put Pilot and I up against any field trial champion in the grouse woods.

John Dallas
02-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Is there any other breed besides Britannys where you can still have dual field and show champions?

Ed Norman
02-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Scott, if you get a few minutes, could you call me sometime about those hunt trials please. I think I left you my number in the PM.

Craig Larter
02-26-2019, 06:27 PM
Scott: I'm a lab guy but what a beautiful talented dog. I know how much hard work goes into training for AKC hunt tests. Congratulations to you and your wife!!! Well done!

Scott Janowski
02-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Any AKC recognized breed that participates in conformation and field trials.
Brittany’s have won the most followed by the Vizsla, GSP’s, GWP’, Gordon’s,
IS, Pointers, Chesapeake, then Wimariner.
Herding dogs can also dual.
Any dog that gets a field championship in what it was bread to do, along with a confirmation title.
There are Dachshund and Corgis with dual championships.
It is a true example of form following function.

Larry Frey
02-27-2019, 10:48 AM
Scott,
Beautiful little Britt. Do you groom him yourself or do you use someone locally?

Scott Janowski
02-27-2019, 12:07 PM
My wife does the grooming, unless they are on the show circuit then our handler will do it.
We have had 25 to 50 fosters a year in the past. So she had plenty of practice!

Ed Norman
02-27-2019, 12:34 PM
My wife does the grooming, unless they are on the show circuit then our handler will do it.
We have had 25 to 50 fosters a year in the past. So she had plenty of practice!

WOW!! Good for both of you on fostering.