PDA

View Full Version : identification question

colemindt
10-22-2010, 01:03 PM
I have just got my 1st Parker shotgun whitch is a 10 hammer . i dont see any stamp above the serial number on the watertable( like what was shown on thewatertable under the id section on this site. the serial number dates it to be a 1881 gun it has the ecjector, any help in identifing or valuing the gun i would much apperciate. thank you. i may also have some other ? pertaining to a 12 GA withing the next couple week i have recently purchased

Dean Romig
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
If you can post some clear pictures it would help to identify the grade and condition of your Parker.

colemindt
10-22-2010, 01:55 PM
i can try to figure out how to post pics i am not computer smart

Robin Lewis
10-22-2010, 03:20 PM
What is the serial number, that may help?

colemindt
10-22-2010, 05:10 PM
207XX and i havent figured out pics yet.

John Dallas
10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
A complete serial number is necessary for people to research your gun.

This is from the FAQ section of the Parker Forum:
How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

Robin Lewis
10-22-2010, 05:23 PM
If you fill in the "xx" part of the serial number we might look it up in the "Parker Gun Identification & Serialization" book. Without a full serial number, we can't do much.

From a very quick scan, the good news is that the 207xx number range looks like its fully listed, so information, especially grade, should be in there.

colemindt
10-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Robin Lewis
10-22-2010, 06:53 PM
10 gauge, grade 0 under lifter with 32 inch plain twist barrels and a straight grip stock.

colemindt
10-22-2010, 06:54 PM
just done a new post right above this one for pics but only one would upload for whatever reason is beyond me

colemindt
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
thank you for that info. i havent found the button for the thanks yet but thank you for your help

colemindt
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
any ideas on a value for a VHE in a 10g the blue book of guns dont show 10g and for ejectors it stated add25-50 % which is a large range

Robin Lewis
10-22-2010, 07:28 PM
It is not likely that your gun has ejectors. Go to the www.parkerguns,org page and then follow the FAQ link and read "What are the differences between Parkers with extractors and ejectors?" (http://parkerguns.org/forums/../pages/faq/ExtractorsEjectors.htm)(or just click on this link to go to that FAQ).

There is more good information in the FAQ section that may be of interest to you.

Also, you do not have a VH(E), you have a grade 0 lifter. The 'H' in VHE stands for hammerless, the 'E' stands for ejectors. The 'V' is a hammerless type of gun.

Go to www.parkerguns.org and follow the "Parker Grades" link and look at the grade 0 guns. There are underlifter, top lever and hammerless.

I hope this helps.