PDA

View Full Version : TAUGHT MOSBY A NEW TRICK

Jerry Harlow
02-14-2019, 08:54 PM
No longer have to pull my sled. Please don't call PETA. He liked it. I did also.

Mills Morrison
02-14-2019, 09:02 PM
That is great.

Gary Carmichael Sr
02-15-2019, 09:27 AM
I like the dogs name, makes me think of the 1860,s gary

Mills Morrison
02-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Our gun club manager named his first son Mason. When they had a second son, he tried for Dixon, but his wife figured it out.

Timothy Salgado
02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
That reminds me of when I was involved with NAVHDA with my German Pointers, some of the German Shorthair Breeders up in Maine would do Skijoring , or have a pair of dogs pull a small dogsled in the winter to keep the dogs in shape and keep them happy over the winter when the bird seasons closed.

Dave Tatman
02-15-2019, 09:32 PM
As we say..... Every dog needs a job. If you don't give him one, he'll invent one that he wants. And that one may not make Mama happy... :whistle:

Jerry Harlow
02-15-2019, 09:42 PM
I like the dogs name, makes me think of the 1860,s gary

I'll bet one in fifty kids in Virginia now can't tell you the significance of the name. Might be one in a thousand now that I think of it. I had a bumper sticker on my truck that said "Don't Blame Us, We Voted for Jeff Davis." You would not believe how many times I was asked who Jeff Davis was.

Jerry Harlow
02-15-2019, 09:46 PM
That reminds me of when I was involved with NAVHDA with my German Pointers, some of the German Shorthair Breeders up in Maine would do Skijoring , or have a pair of dogs pull a small dogsled in the winter to keep the dogs in shape and keep them happy over the winter when the bird seasons closed.

One of my now grown apprentice goose hunters asked me when he saw the picture if I had taught him Gee and Haw. I told him there was no need. Just hook him to the sled and he head towards the truck where a treat awaits. He goes in a straight line.