PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Pheasant Opener

Kurt Densmore
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
3 hours, 8 flushes with 2 different dogs. With the pointer pup we put up 1 rooster and 1 hen. The Chessy put up 6 hens (4 in her first 1/2 hour, where other hunters had just went through). Wild birds on State Land. Parker GH 20 gauge with 26" Parker Special Steel bbls.

Dean Romig
10-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Great pictures Kurt!!! And a fabulous Parker too!!

Mark Ouellette
10-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Kurt,

Wow! I wish I could have been there but life got in the way...

Chesapeake "Dash" is doing a great job!!

Mark

John Dunkle
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Outstanding Kurt!! I threw two of your pics into the running for Parker of the Month...

Simply wonderful pics!!!

:cheers:

John

Dean Romig
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Kurt, it looks like you too have had a great acorn crop this year. I have them dropping in my driveway too and even had two deer in the driveway a couple of weeks ago eating the acorns.

Kurt Densmore
10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Kurt, it looks like you too have had a great acorn crop this year. I have them dropping in my driveway too and even had two deer in the driveway a couple of weeks ago eating the acorns.

The house is on an old beach ridge that formed when the saginaw bay extended inland while the last glacier was melting. When the ice dam broke all the water rushed to Lake Michigan. Damn blow sand doesn't grow grass but the oaks sure put on acorns some years. Don't dare run in the yard for fear of sliding downhill. The deer will come into the yard and clean up a lot of them this winter. I just hope they don't eat the fruit tree buds in the process.

Spoke with Rich Anderson early this week and Grouse hunting was slow in the U.P. I hope that him and Dave found a few pockets of birds...

Kurt

Dean Romig
10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
I think the grouse peaked out the year before last in a lot of areas. Too bad - it takes a long time for their numbers to get back on top again. I don't know if I've got that kind of time......... :whistle:(in the dark)