PDA

View Full Version : New Tundra shot

Jack Johnson
07-14-2009, 06:37 PM
After I posted my last thread about ITX shot by Ballistic Products , Destry brought up the new Tundra shot by Fiocchi. I wanted more information about this new product so I emailed the Fiocchi co. and was immediately responded back to. The response was not earth shattering with news but the it did come from Mr. Pietro Fiocchi , President of Fiocchi ammunition himself so please read.

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:50 AM
To: 'carlo fiocchi'
Subject: R: New Tundra shot

Non riesco a mandargliela al suo indirizzo

Regarding the use of Fiocchi shells with Tundra shots in vintage guns, there are two things to consider:
1 – softness and surface hardness of the shots: Tundra shots are under all aspects similar to lead shots and therefore do not cause any problem to the gun; this is not so with steel shots or hard tungsten shots. There is no limitation in the usage of chokes.
2 – pressure developed by the shell: some antique and vintage guns are not built to withstand the same pressure that modern guns are built to. In Fiocchi we want away from stating the DE on shells some years ago, but we keep within the pressure limits as requested by SAAMI, which makes our shells safe if used in modern well kept guns. If you need to calculate the DE, please refer to SAAMI publications or similar.
Pietro Fiocchi

Destry L. Hoffard
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
They say it will be out by fall, I'm really curious how it's priced.

DLH

Bob Dombeck
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
So is this going to be sold as bulk shot or loaded shells?

Destry L. Hoffard
07-16-2009, 03:22 AM
From what I understand it's just loaded shells.

DLH