PDA

View Full Version : waiting

charlie cleveland
10-19-2010, 07:05 AM
im setting here now waiting for daylight to come...its 600 here now ..seems as thoughdaylight is draging its feet this morning....ive done read every thing on the parker site what am i too do....i guess id better go and get the old ten ga and some shells want be long till i can hit the woods....hope them fuzzy tails are stirring this morning....hope some of you other fellas are having the same trouble im having. waiting on daylight.... charlie

John R. Richards
10-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Charlie:

Been there, done that. It doesn't get any easier. Remember when you were a kid waiting for your father or older brother to come get you so you could go hunting? Seems like you laid awake for hours until you could get up and go.

We were in Wisconsin last week grouse hunting and my cousin and I would invariably met at the kitchen table for coffee around 5:15 and it didn't get light until 7:10. Great time for reflections. Thank God hunting season is here.

John

charlie cleveland
10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
well it finally got daylite and i hit the woods....squirls did not stir to much today...only saw 4 and bagged 3 of them....the old ten with 1 1/4 ounce of no 6 done there job...was back to house and had them cleaned salted down by 11.00...then set in to move a deer stand my father had put up many years ago...the stand had growed into tree i had to cut the tree down and saw my stand lose..part of tree is still attached to stand ..the tractor and i made short work of getting it to the house but i fear it will be a couple days before i have it ready to put back up... charlie

charlie cleveland
10-19-2010, 05:57 PM
boy john do i remember waiting for someone to take me hunting..the hours and minutes on the clock moved slower back then...john if we could notrember old past hunts it would take a lot of fun away from us... charlie

Dean Romig
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
It is sure good to spend this time of year with a good friend or two. Otherwise who would you be able to talk with about old the times... who else would know what you were talking about... who else would feel it as deeply as we do? Sharing these times with good friends makes it mean a lot more for me.