PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hunting

Richard Flanders
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
After missing my first woodcock with both bbls I killed the next 7 then spun around and nailed a screaming going away shot on a ruffie that Trigg flushed and which flew almost over my shoulder from the front, with one shot each.... with my 26" #1 framed damascus GHE12, MEANING that the chances of Dave Miles EVER seeing that gun again are minuscule to the point of non-existence! I only missed two birds with it in two long days of hunting. I think I like it! Sorry Dave......Not! It is the perfect ruffie gun for me.

I guess I should add that this sweet little gun will NOT be available for loan to John Dunkle anytime in the foreseeable future....of the Universe....(-:

Dave Suponski
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Good shootin Rich.....Where were ya shooting? That picture looks like golf course.....:whistle:

Bruce Day
10-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Rich, you haven't been shooting planted birds on a golf course, have you? Say it isn't so!

Richard Flanders
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
That was in our huntsmans fathers yard during our lunch break. Trigg and I are participating in the RGS national woodcock/ruffed grouse hunt in Grand Rapids Minn. Pretty warm for this time of year but we did ok. Limited on woodcock yesterday, two woodcock and a ruffie today. Headed to north Dakota Sunday for a new dog for Trigg + phez hunting...

John Dunkle
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice Shooting Rich!!!

I see Dave let you borrow my GHE..???!!! :)

I can hardly keep track of all the Parkers I have on loan to folks???

Ummm - it sort'a does look like a golf course??? Just sayin'..??

John

Bruce Day
10-15-2010, 08:16 PM
You can see the golf cart driving lane and in the background it looks like a sand trap. And if you look closely, I think I see a small cage under a bush where the birds were kept. Its just to the left of Rich's shoulder.

Larry Frey
10-15-2010, 08:56 PM
After missing my first woodcock with both bbls I killed the next 7 then spun around and nailed a screaming going away shot on a ruffie that Trigg flushed and which flew almost over my shoulder from the front, with one shot each.... with my 26" #1 framed damascus GHE12, MEANING that the chances of Dave Miles EVER seeing that gun again are minuscule to the point of non-existence! I only missed two birds with it in two long days of hunting. I think I like it! Sorry Dave......Not! It is the perfect ruffie gun for me.

I guess I should add that this sweet little gun will NOT be available for loan to John Dunkle anytime in the foreseeable future....of the Universe....(-:

Thats great shooting Rich. Two years ago I picked up a 26" 1 frame 12 that at 6lb. 4oz. with IC/Full chokes has become my favoite bird gun.

Richard Flanders
10-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Damn! busted...I thought I photoshopped the sand traps out!