PDA

View Full Version : GHE 20ga. research letter ?

Gary Cripps
07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I picked up a GHE 20ga this weekend. I want to gather info regarding it and went to the research page,entered the ser.# and got the message that they couldnot locate information for a letter. The ser # is 231203. Is this a dead issue or is there another path?

Dean Romig
07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately the serial number of your GHE is in the range of a missing stock book (or order book - not certain which) and it is very likely a dead end. I had a CHE Parker Double Trap 230760 which is certainly in the same book and I could not get a letter. I don't know if it is in the right period to ask Griffin & Howe if they have any info on your Parker. Perhaps Bill Murphy or Dave Noreen or Don Kaas will come on and let you know if there is any hope in the G&H suggestion.

Larry Frey
07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Gary,
Dean is right if you can't get a letter from the PGCA go on the Griffin & Howe website and see if they have records for your gun. Bob Beach dose a great job researching and putting together info on the guns they have sold and owners. I recently received info on the owner of my AAH and was interested to find that he along with Percy Rockefeller and six others were sued for 135 million dollars:shock:. The owner of my gun's share in the suit was 34.5 million certainly no small sum in the early 1900's. I now know how he was able to afford the AAH Parker and several other nice guns that G&H had records on.

Gary Cripps
07-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the advise. I will follow up. Also just enjoy the new toy.

Bill Murphy
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
#231,203 is not on the Griffin and Howe list. In my opinion, you're just going to have to be happy that you found a GHE 20.