PDA

View Full Version : Marshes of Glenn again

James Brown
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
A little hunting (and fishing) with a Parker (VHE 28 ga.). Coastal Georgia.
Tide was right and weather good. My middle son and myself. The game, stalk, flush, shot, Parker did its job. Tailing Redfish, got a bite, hooked him, reel him in. Please excuse a little showing off.

James

Dean Romig
10-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Nice!! Reds and rails - can it get any better? Cast and blast is sure a fun way to spend the day.

Dave Suponski
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I second what Dean said! Awesome..:bowdown:

Gerald McPherson
10-15-2010, 07:52 PM
How many people bird hunt with their pants rolled up? Now that is rare. I'll bet Richard don't do that in Alaska. I can't imagine. I heard of a fellow that had a bird dog that could catch fish. He would say go get me a fish and he would go get one. Will those birds hold for a dog. Good pics. Thanks. Gerald

John Dallas
10-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmmm. What's that complicated thng hanging under the fish pole? Ought to be a fly reel, if it's goping to be paired with a vintage gun. Spinning reel = black gun, IMHO

James Brown
10-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the responses.
Mr. McPherson: There were a couple of birds that we could hear and one we could see sitting on a reed raft but could not get to with the boat. There were some wading shoes in the boat so I figured what the hell I'll give it a try. I'm starting a new trend. In addition to the traditional "Upland" hunting we now have "Upwater" hunting.

Mr. Dallas: Since we were useing plebeian "V" grade Parkers (my son the 28 ga., me the .410) I felt the spin reel was appropriate. Had we been useing the "D" and "C" grades then the Leonard or Garrison would have been more fitting.

Tom Brown
10-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Great pic's James, what length barrel is on the gun you are holding pointing up? Tom.

James Brown
10-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Tom. VHE, 28 ga. orig. 26 in.

James