PDA

View Full Version : Dog Leggings

Allen Gill
10-30-2018, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have a good suggestion on dog front leg protective leggings? My English Setter, Jack got some scrapes and abrasions from our week in the North Woods of Wisconsin last week. Next year I would like to keep him from enduring that again! Thanks, Allen

Timothy Salgado
11-28-2018, 10:38 AM
I spotted this ad in The Upland Journal, maybe they have something that fits your needs.

Gary Laudermilch
11-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Make sure it is not from a low hanging bell. A bell slung too low will tear up a dogs legs especially when running in heavy cover. I used to have that problem till a field trailer suggested it was the bell. I moved the bell to tight on the collar and the problem went away.

Rick Losey
11-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Gary, i had the same issue with one of those swiss bells hung on a loop that was too long

Allen Gill
11-28-2018, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the information Gary. I had not thought about the bell. I don't think it is the bell, but I'll confirm next time we go out after deer season.

Allen Gill
11-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the Website Timothy. I wonder if anyone on this Forum has tried any of their products?

Brett Souder
11-28-2018, 03:04 PM
I think Sylmar makes an excellent vest. I have two one in size medium and one in size large. I run my dog with one most of the time unless it’s hot. Highly recommended company.
-Brett