PDA

View Full Version : Well, Kinda - Sorta!

Dave Miles
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
My son Ethan's first bow killed buck.
I was hunting woodcock and grouse with my Parker, while he was bow hunting.

Eric Eis
10-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Tell Ethan congratulations and it's "about time"

Dean Romig
10-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Nice job Ethan, congratulations! How many shots?

Russ Jackson
10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Ethan; Congrats . on your first Archery Buck , always a major accomplishment ,after the first one they seem to come easier . Our season opener was this past Sat. ,Opened up to a beautiful day here in Pa. , I own a small piece of property here in S.W. Pa. and scout pretty heavy before season ,I had a couple of good bucks picked out ,I had a nice one seven yards away and was at full draw twice and he seemed to sense something was up ,locked up behind a small group of trees and wouldn't give me a clean shot ,so eventually he turned and went from where he came .The Buck I set my buddy up on was much more cooperative ,a real nice Mountain Buck ,seven point with a double brow tine ! In case any one is wondering I am the chubby old guy in the picture with the smile , okay make that the " other " chubby old guy with the big grin !

Dave Miles
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice job Ethan, congratulations! How many shots?

One shot Dean.
Took out both lungs and the heart. Deer didn't go 20 yards after being shot. :)

Dean Romig
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I was kidding with you Dave... I know you don't get a second shot when bowhunting. But that's what I call placing the arrow - double lung plus the heart. I'll bet there was quite the twenty-yard blood trail!

Dave Suponski
10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Dave...Please tell your son congratulations for Danny and I.....:bowdown:

calvin humburg
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
GREAT! Was he in a ground blind? What broadhead and how heavy? ch