PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit nostalgic

James Brown
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
My Dad, deceased Bobwhite, middle child.

Dean Romig
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
James, that looks like it was a special day. Who could ask for more? What joy in the face of the child! When was the picture taken? Presuming that is your son, does he shoot and hunt?

James Brown
07-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Dean:
How to respond without going on and on? We miss those who taught us and have gone on. The son in the photo is in second year of college (photo must be 15 yrs, or so old); other son has his own family and is five hours away. We all (including my daughter, the youngest) hunted and fished together until life's changes came along. All the times were special and still are, just not as many of them as before.
Thanks, James.

This is oldest son(when younger) VHE 28 ga.

Just humor me guys, I'll get over this in a day or two.

Ben Yarian
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
James. I know just how you feel. Those times get more special as the years go bye. At least we have our cherished memories. Maybee I am getting old or just lonely for the kids. But I have noticed that since they have gone off on their own, waxing nostalgic has become a normal thing around here.

Ben

Fred Preston
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
James, Bet it didn't take the young man long to grow into that gun. Fine looking dog too. I like the 9-10 o'clock tail on point; don't see much of that any more. I see you stick with your true Christian name, James. One of my grandsons is so named (after my father) and his mother, a Virginian, will have him referred to in no other way; no Jim, Jimmy or Jas. Must be a southern thing.

Fred

Dean Romig
07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
James, I hope you never get over it. I know I never will.