PDA

View Full Version : lovely day

charlie cleveland
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
was a cool windy day in mississippi but was so lovely andbeautiful i thought i had to mention it...i did not hunt today but it would have been a perfect day to have a parker in the hand and mans best freind by his side....i use to think that spring was my favorite time of year but i know now that fall is my favorite time of year because i also am in the fall of my life being that sring being the youth of my life and summerbing my middlepart of my life so fallhas been my last few years and when the winter of my life gets here it will be my time to pass own the things i trully have enjoyed espially the old parkers and other materialsi have enjoyed....each day now brings on new challenges.....so fall trully is myfavorite time......and i hope that fall is the favorite time for all of you out there for sadly most of us who enjoy the old parkers are in the falls of there lives....so stop and smell the roses for winter is not to far away.....charlie

Jack Cronkhite
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Charlie: Nicely put. I have to agree. Fall is the best. Even as a youngster, I learned the wonders of the Fall from my Dad. It became my favorite time of year early on and now I'm there with you Charlie, it is still my favorite. When Winter and I join the same time and space, I'll still be trying my damndest to limp back into the Fall, Parker in hand, a good dog at my side and wily roosters ahead of us.

Cheers,
Jack

charlie cleveland
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
nicly said jack.. maybe we will meet on one of those winter hunts when our winters get here....thanks charlie

Dean Romig
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I was reminded yesterday and today that I am no longer the tireless young man I was when I started this upland hunting business a half-century ago. And I am reminded again this evening as I anxiously check my watch to see if it is time yet to take my next dose of Advil to ease the pain in my hips and knees. And all for one glorious pa'tridge.... and yes, it most certainly was worth the pain.

Dave Suponski
10-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Amen.....:)

Robin Lewis
10-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Dean,

One bird...... how many shots?:whistle:

Dean Romig
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
First bird of the day - one shot - a head shot - put him down for keeps fluttering in the brightly hued leaf litter on the ground.

It seems the ruffed grouse numbers may have plunged into a deep and sudden down cycle as our flushes for these two days was less than 20% of what we would have seen on any two days of the last five or six years in our section of Vermont.

Dean Romig
10-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh, Okay.... I get it Robin - No, it wasn't at all like the snowshow hare I took with three shots last winter with you.

Dean Romig
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Charlie, I apologize for hijacking your thread. Fall is my favorite season too. Fall allows us to escape to places we knew and things we did a long time ago. Fall, in some ways to some people (like us), is a state of mind and there, in our minds, age doesn't seem to matter so much because we can do the same things in the fields and forests that we did when we were young but we appreciate them more now.

calvin humburg
10-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Dad gum guys, making me get a tear. Can't say witch i like better I like both seasons the two when the geese are flying over love the sound of geese overhead. Its comforting. Charlie went to check out my wildlife drinking station (waterer:)) and I bet 30 or 40 phez flew out of my food plot seen a cubby of bobwhite in my farmyard. can't wate we are going to have us some fun. jest hope its cool in november 86 here today ch

charlie cleveland
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
just keep on hi jacking keeps me smiling and i really enjoy all of you fellas posts.....like yuu said we all enjoy the sasons the younger we get....bout time for me to take some aspirins were i can get up in the morning to hunt squirls......calvin you keep plenty of water in that watering hole.....glad to hear about the numbers of phez....think ill go back down to wallmart and get me some more shells sounds like im going to need them....we should have some fun hope i dont forget the camera.....nov 13 aint to far away......charlie