PDA

View Full Version : New ITX shot

Jack Johnson
07-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I received Ballistic products new catalog. The catalog had listed a new tungsten iron matrix which they called ITX . It was described as being on the same softness level as Bismuth . Does anyone have experience or any knowledge of this new shot . I don't reload but I have a friend who does and I am think of buying some shot and have him do it for me. Any feed back would be welcomed . Thanks Jack

Destry L. Hoffard
07-10-2009, 07:02 PM
What I've heard is that the hardness of it is pretty variable, some pieces are harder than others. The RST boys are looking at it but have been cautious so far because of that.

I've heard it kills birds just fine though. If I were to load any I'd use a heavy steel shot type wad, I believe that's what Ballistic Products suggest too.

I'm waiting on this new Fiocchi Tundra to come out, it might save the day as far as old guns and non-toxic shotshells. It's supposed to be old gun friendly and a lot cheaper than anything that's out there on the market. I'm crossing my fingers.....

Destry

Richard Flanders
07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Let us know what you learn Jack. I'm going to have to get that or something else for reloading when my supply of KTM and bismuth shot runs out.