PDA

View Full Version : Release Trigger

John Davis
08-21-2018, 04:52 PM
How difficult is it to reconvert a release trigger back to a pull trigger in a Parker SBT?

Chuck Bishop
08-21-2018, 05:50 PM
If you have one, it's the second one i know of in a Parker SBT. Brad Bachelder had my SBT for over 1 year trying to install a release but couldn't make it work consistantly. I guess it depends on how it was modified. I'd send it to Bachelder.

Brian Dudley
08-21-2018, 05:51 PM
I would not think it to be very difficult. Worst case you just replace any of the parts that have been altered.

But it really does depend on what all was done to convert it to a release trigger.

Brian Dudley
08-21-2018, 05:52 PM
It sounds like Chuck and John should trade guns.

John Davis
08-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Brian, I don't have the gun in hand yet but I may be calling you. I think the gun may need some wood work as well.

John Davis
08-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Chuck, I'm assuming this was done aftermarket.

Mike McKinney
08-21-2018, 08:58 PM
Maybe this is a good place to ask, what is a release trigger?

Dean Romig
08-21-2018, 09:14 PM
You mount the gun, pull the trigger back and hold it, call "PULL", at the precise moment you want the gun to fire you release the trigg"BLAM"... just like that.

Mike Franzen
08-22-2018, 12:27 AM
The release trigger is designed to counter act a flinch habit. I thought it sounded like a very dangerous concept until I shot one at trap. I had no problem with it.

John Davis
08-22-2018, 06:33 AM
I've never shot a release trigger, so when I get the gun I'll give it a try. I'm a little worried about switching back and forth between my trap guns with pull triggers and this one with a release. Seems like it could be confusing. The gun is a SB, so I figure it'll be worth what ever I need to do. Also figured Brian would know what to do.

John Davis
08-22-2018, 06:34 AM
May need Brian's help with the wood as well.

John Dallas
08-22-2018, 08:16 AM
John - Years ago I pulled two rounds of trap for a friend at our little trap/skeet club. He ran two straights - one with a Ludjic single barrel with a pull trigger, and one with a M12 with a release trigger.

Bill Murphy
08-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Some release triggers "click" when they are set. As a professional referee, this drives me crazy because I invariably push the button when I hear the click. I remember a few years ago costing a shooter I don't know how many birds because of the click.

Chuck Bishop
08-22-2018, 11:09 AM
John, it may be fun just to try it but I wouldn't shoot it that way unless there is a specific reason for doing so unless you have a flinching problem. Once you get used to shooting a release, for most people (me!) it's hard to switch back to a pull trigger. Just remember if you set the trigger and you get a broken target or need to open the gun, keep the trigger back and open the gun with the top lever, then release the trigger.

todd allen
09-04-2018, 10:46 PM
I would think reversing out a release trigger would be a simple matter of removing the hook.
I have two guns with release triggers. One of my Perazzis, and a Beretta 391 sporting clays gun.
I switch back and forth between release, pull, and double triggers with no problems.

Dean Romig
09-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Todd, I think that’s a talent not many folks share.