PDA

View Full Version : New Parker Owner?

Tommy Coker
09-30-2010, 01:48 PM
HEY Everyone! I just won a bid on a closed bid auction at an estate sale containing 5 Parker shotguns, 2 D grade, 2 V grade and a Trojan in 12, 20 and 16 ga. a Francotte, Fox Sterlingworth and an Ithaca what may be a grade 6 28ga. But i am most interested in the Parkers and will have lots of questions about them. May have paid to much for the whole bunch but i plan on shooting all. I am a bird hunter and love old shotguns. I have known of and heard about this fine group of Parker owners and look forward to gaining just a little of the vast knowledge from you all. Thank you for alowing me to be a part of this fine association. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you in the future.

Thanks again.

Tommy from Alabama.

Dean Romig
09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello Tommy from Alabama and Welcome!

Well, so far you're the luckiest guy I know. What an envious position to be in.
We would be happy to help you in any way we can but I would first suggest you become a PGCA Member and get research letters on the Parkers you have bought. A non-member pays $60 per letter while a member pays just $40 each plus you will receive our quarterly journal (a 52 page glossy magazine, actually) with loads of interesting articles and stories from fellow members.

It's good to have you aboard!
Dean

Dave Suponski
09-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome Tommy...What Dean said and stick around there is alot to learn here and a few laughs on occasion..

Tommy Coker
09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks gentleman. And good hunting this season.

Tommy

D. Shane Burton
10-18-2010, 10:49 AM
HEY Everyone! I just won a bid on a closed bid auction at an estate sale containing 5 Parker shotguns, 2 D grade, 2 V grade and a Trojan in 12, 20 and 16 ga. a Francotte, Fox Sterlingworth and an Ithaca what may be a grade 6 28ga. But i am most interested in the Parkers and will have lots of questions about them. May have paid to much for the whole bunch but i plan on shooting all. I am a bird hunter and love old shotguns. I have known of and heard about this fine group of Parker owners and look forward to gaining just a little of the vast knowledge from you all. Thank you for alowing me to be a part of this fine association. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you in the future.

Thanks again.

Tommy from Alabama.

Tommy, that's awesome!

Welcome, I'm new here too. :cool:

Shane