PDA

View Full Version : Woods' Flaming Tasha

William Woods
08-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Yesterday I had one of my setters put down due to an unrecoverable tumor that affected her rear legs.

"Tasha" was fourteen years, one month, two weeks, and four days old. She was put down on the same date as her paternal grandmother was thirteen years ago. I have had this line of dogs since 1983.

I will be burying her between a woods and a cornfield on our property today.

If you read this, please think of us today. As many of you are aware, this is a most difficult time.

Dean Romig
08-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Times like these bind all dog owners together. It is a sad time and our thoughts are with you.

Gary Laudermilch
08-11-2018, 10:24 AM
I feel for you big time! There is nothing worse than having to put one down.

My oldest setter is now going on 13 and, while he still seems good, it is obvious his age is catching up to him. I dread the day.

Hang in there.

Robert Rambler
08-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Having recently lost our Remy, Sandy and I know the emptiness and sadness you feel in your heart. The pain will subside over time, but the happy memories will remain forever. So sorry for your lose.

Randy G Roberts
08-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Sorry for your loss William.

Bill Murphy
08-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Some of us in the seventies have recently lost what we thought was a dog that would outlive us. The Lovely Linda and I are lately rethinking that mindset after recently losing our loving Wirehair, Eva. Our next pup may outlive me.

Matt Valinsky
08-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Sad times no doubt.

Ted Hicks
08-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Very sorry to hear.

allen newell
08-17-2018, 08:29 AM
The chances are that Sophie, my 2 yr old steady to wing English setter will most likely outlive me. That would be good news for me and one of my daughters will take her. Raised and trained her from birth. Dont think i could stand having to put her down.