PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Daniel Modlin
09-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi there. I inherited my Parker from my late father. I'm unsure when he purchased the shotgun, but from the information I've been able to find here I've put together that it is a Trojan 20 guage serial number 210794 manufactured in 1923 in what seems to me to be in very good condition.. I'm currently stumped on how to remove the forend. I 'm worried about snapping something if I pull too hard. Any input on this would be greatly appreiated.

E Robert Fabian
09-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Daniel, stand gun in upright position with one hand on barrels pull the top of the fore end out away from the barrels. It is spring loaded and snaps off and on.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1531

Check the link out

Daniel Modlin
09-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Came off like a charm. I was just worried that I might damage it in the process. I've got more pics now in the album, any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Mark Landskov
09-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard, Daniel. That is a sweet Trojan! Gorgeous wood. I would like to think that a 20 gauge Trojan is far less common than the 12s and 16s, especially in that condition. Cheers!

calvin humburg
09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
yes hello that is a super gun with family history how neet. love to have one of em! goin hunting? good day ch

Dean Romig
09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Daniel and welcome.
You have a very pretty Trojan there and I hope you intend to use it both on clays as well as for hunting.
You may or may not know that your gun has had a complete makeover - new stock and forend as well as reblued barrels with a new front sight and it looks like the frame was blued as well. It is very pretty and I would be proud to have such a nice-looking Trojan.

Harry Collins
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Daniel,

Like you I received a Parker Trojan 20 gauge from my father. He gave it to me in a dove field a few years before he died. It was his main gun for many years and he carried it a lot. He even carried it on his lap on the train going back and forth to a military school in Virginia. They are a dream to shoot and 7/8 oz of shoot will kill anything flying.

Kindest, Harry

Daniel Modlin
09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the information. I do intend to use it for hunting and clays. This was one of two guns that my father had bought to give to me as my first guns. The other was a Remington Nylon 66. I was really happy for it to be in such good condition, because it had been sitting untouched, uncleaned, and not in a case in my grandfathers house in NC for 16 years. I thought for sure it was going to have some rust issues, but after i gave it a thorough cleaning, it came out really nice.