PDA

View Full Version : A Fitting "quote"

Angel Cruz
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
This quote was at the bottom of an email I received. When I read it I thought of the members in the PGCA.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride' :rotf::rotf:

You guys can substitude the Chardonnay and chocolate.

Richard Flanders
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I can see many of the crowd sliding in with a cigar in their teeth, a Parker A-1 in one hand and a near-empty bottle of Famous Grouse in the other...

Harry Collins
07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I am afraid to list my substitutes! Your mind may have wondered in the same direction so no need really.

Harry

George Lander
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
And I would add to the quote: "AND NOT A DOLLAR LEFT TO MY NAME"

George

Bill Murphy
07-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I think the quote mentioned by Angel is directed toward the "alternative lifestyle" population. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

David Hamilton
07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, the reality check is that most of us think of little else but passing on to our decedents some small step up in the human RACE. No doubt that popular advertising depicts the aging as fit and much younger than we are. My wish is to die with some dignity, something over which I have no control but wish I had. David

Dean Romig
07-10-2009, 10:55 PM
There are a great many ways that a man can die with dignity if he so chooses - the key being when he chooses. Some would call this an act of cowardice but so often it is an act of bravery. Me, I'll try something like Angel's example but does anybody mind if I forgo the Chardonnay for an empty :p *hic* bottle of Jack Daniel's and the chocolate for extra sharp aged cheddar?

David Hamilton
07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Dean, I do agree with you. There are often family considerations that may hold one back. David

Destry L. Hoffard
07-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd rather drown out duck hunting than die laying in bed at home.

I've had a pretty good ride already, if I went tomorrow it would be with very few regrets.

People always ask me why I don't quit smoking cigars, I reply "Because I'm fat. That will get me first, so why not just enjoy"

Destry

George Lander
07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
"NEVER SEND TO KNOW FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, IT TOLLS FOR THEE"

George

Francis Morin
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
I like what Gene Hill wrote in his Tailfeathers column some years ago. A man lay on his death bed, family gathered around- he confessed he had spent too much time and money at the Gun Club and in his shooting and had neglected work and his family,but he winked and uttered these final words "On the other hand, I have shot a helluva lot of birds"!!

Jack Lester
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
My son in law is a fireman and one of his "brothers" is dying of cancer. Mid
30s I think with wife & little kids etc. Those guys really care about the people they serve with and it's amazing to watch them circle around him. Gives one pause to think about someone that age with that family going so soon. He will die with dignity, his brothers will make sure of that. I'm 64 and have had a pretty good time. Try not to think about how much time the insurance company chart says I have left. I guess there is still hope that my time will come as a result of an all-nighter with Michelle Pfeiffer but my wife of 40 years would probably frown on that. One interesting thing I find about myself these days is, I do not have the time or inclination to get angry about much of anything. Jack

Greg Franklin
07-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I can see many of the crowd sliding in with a cigar in their teeth, a Parker A-1 in one hand and a near-empty bottle of Famous Grouse in the other...

That is my intention.............:)

David Hamilton
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Away with these melancholy reflections, WE still have the glance of our eyes and the freshness of our breath. Long may we live and much may we enjoy!!
David

George Lander
07-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Ahhh, Michelle Pfieffer!!!, Now there's something to look forward to. A wise man once said (me) "Age is all between your ears" I've known 30 somethings that had one foot in the grave and not because of any medical condition. They seem to have been BORN OLD! On the other hand I know a fine Jewish Lady who sits behind the jewelry counter at her daughter & son-in-laws pawn shop who is as sharp as a tack and always ready with a bawdy story or two. She just celebrated her 104th. birthday! I , for one, don't wish to know what day I'm going to check out. Yesterday is history & tomorrow is a mystery. I want to live one day at a time by choosing to stay busy and be happy doing it.

Just My Humble Opinion........George

Tom Carter
07-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Removed