PDA

View Full Version : The Parker boys are headed to Duluth, MN

Mike Koranda
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
The Parker Shooters were outdone by the Fox Shooters at last summer's Puglisi Gun Emporium Side by Side Challenge in Duluth,MN. After the thumping we took at the Southern this spring, we need a little help getting back on top. Charlie Herzog and Bruce Day will be in charge of tabulating this scores at this month's event. I trust Bruce but have some reservations about Charlie! Come on up to the shoot on July 24th-July 26th and give us a fighting chance by over powering them with numbers. For information about the shoot log on to: Duluthdoublegun.com. or call Mike Koranda 218-525-5528

Bruce Day
07-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm back after backpacking about 80 miles at Philmont in NM and looking forward to seeing Parker people in Duluth. Jim Van Blaricum, Charlie Herzog and I are driving up together.

Destry L. Hoffard
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Say hi to Jack for me......

D

ED J, MORGAN
07-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Bruce et all, I will be there and will bring american walnut stock blanks and Parker parts with me. Regards Ed

Bruce Day
07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
So far we have Herzog, Van Blaricum, Bolyard, Morgan, Wunow usually comes, maybe Pete Day?, hopefully others.

We'll arrive at Jack Puglisi's about 5 pm for his open house. Staying at the airport Econo Lodge.

Dave Miles
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Bruce, You guys all have a Great time and shoot well.
Wish I was going, but just can't swing it this year.
Next year will be the PA Shoot, U.P. Shoot, and Jack's.

Bruce Day
07-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Its a long drive over for you Michiganders so I fully understand. Probably shorter for me ( 9 hours) than it is for you. But I'm bringing my old 16ga PHE as my primary gun and a tight choked 12ga GHE damascus for the pigeon ring. Both are my regular hunting guns, and I'll have to decide if to bring a fancier gun at all. Bill Bolyard is making the drive to see his buddies, as Bill was sick during the UP shoot and wasn't able to make it and we missed Bill.

Looks like lots of birds across the Great Plains this fall for pheasant season, another good year, and maybe lots of quail too. Been hearing a lot of calls. Maybe need a lot of farm boys with .22 rifles to keep the hawk population down.