PDA

View Full Version : forgotten guns

charlie cleveland
09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
i came in from bush hogging this evening wore slap out..ive been bush hogging for the last2 weeks got done this evening...whew what a relief...just got to put out the food plots and then the long wait till deer season.... i looked overin the corner there sat my old faithfuls the parker 10 ga hammer gun...thelc smith 10 hammerless thestevens 16 etc......all setting patently waiting there turn to get out of the corner and be in my hands once again...i never get tierd of picking up my doubles and swinging on a imaginary target...best of all is to hear the loud report watch that squirl fall from the tall hickory tree he was cuttingnuts in...or the noise of the covey of wild quail as they rise in the air to be greeted by a parker 20....or setting in the duck blindwith that old stevens in hand.....its good to dream only a few more days of work......i promise my guns i will not forget them for long.... charlie

Jack Cronkhite
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Geez Charie, you make it tough on a guy waiting until Oct 1 to get out.:crying:

Ken Descovich
09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Charlie,
Good luck to you in all your pursuits in life:)

Ken

Larry Frey
09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Charlie,
Been working like a mad man here as well getting things ready for deer season. No time to think about birds yet but its coming soon.:)

charlie cleveland
09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
that sure is a nice field...makes me envious...will be aboutdecember before our fields in miss. look that good...it takes a lot of work and money to fix food plots such as yours...most animal lovers do not relize the work most hunters put out to feed the animal world.most of this is done on a year round basis...i can see thatlarge ten point in the middle of that food plot of yours right now......charlie

Dean Romig
09-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Lookin' good Larry. Had and "crop damage" yet?

Larry Frey
09-16-2010, 03:09 PM
that sure is a nice field...makes me envious...will be aboutdecember before our fields in miss. look that good...it takes a lot of work and money to fix food plots such as yours...most animal lovers do not relize the work most hunters put out to feed the animal world.most of this is done on a year round basis...i can see thatlarge ten point in the middle of that food plot of yours right now......charlie

Charlie I hope you get the buck of your dreams as well. You are absolutely right about the amount of work that’s involved in clearing the land and planting crops. I can only imagine how hard it was for the early settlers to come here and without the aid of modern machinery clear and farm the land. I found the easy way to get it done. Find yourself a good woman, buy her the right equipment, and let her have some fun. This pic is that same plot on May 9th, that would be mother’s day. What better way for your women to spend her mothers day than clearing stumps in your food plots.

Dean Romig
09-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm definitely going to show this to Kathy. I think we all need to thank Larry for this post and picture so we can show it to our wives and hold them up to the new standard of wifely devotion to their men that Deb has set for them.

:bowdown: to Deb.

:clap: to Larry.

Eric Eis
09-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Dean you think Deb knows this picture is on the web ?:corn: Maybe maybe not.....

Larry Frey
09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm definitely going to show this to Kathy. I think we all need to thank Larry for this post and picture so we can show it to our wives and hold them up to the new standard of wifely devotion to their men that Deb has set for them.

:bowdown: to Deb.

:clap: to Larry.

Dean,
You didn't think the only reason I keep her around is because she likes to hunt and fish did you.;)

Dave Suponski
09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I seem to remember a certain A grade that was "Debbies Gun"... Larry your food plot's look great and they should because just about everytime we talked you were on your to or just back from working out there. Nice work.

David Hamilton
09-16-2010, 11:09 PM
AS they say, he best bulls come from the the most aggressive cows. Or to para phrase, Our mamas are our best indicators. And soI say ; Here's to the fair sex! Where would we be without them? David

Mark Ouellette
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I believe it was the Goddess on Earth Mrs. Suponski who managed to break 3 of 4 "across the pond" shots using my Big Friend Ten! Any lady who can pick up an unfamiliar 10+ pound 10 gauge and break 75% is truely blessed. But, she is not as blessed as is her well known husband.

Most Respectfully,
Mark

Larry Frey
09-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Dave,
You care to respond to Marks post?????

Mark Ouellette
09-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Larry,

As I remember you fit in the same catagory by having a shooting partner in Cathy. Did you buy her an appropriate Parker? A woman like that deserves a 16 GA CHE!!!

:)
Mark

Dean Romig
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Mark has been away from us too long.... :shock:

Mark Ouellette
09-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey! I remember that it was Mrs Roming rather than Mrs Suponski... nevertheless, men who have wives who appreciate their company enough to take up shooting are lucky indeed!!!

Yup, I have been away too long. I do accept Grouse hunting invitations..

:) Mark

Dean Romig
09-17-2010, 01:36 PM
For the record,
It's Larry & Deb Frey
Dave & Danny Suponski
Dean & Kathy Romig...... no, I didn't forget the 'n' :D

Mark Ouellette
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Roger that!

On my end it's Mark and Radar my faithful Chesador. I have an opening for a shooting mate... :)

Dean Romig
09-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Right Mark - "one who has her own dozer, backhoe, and excavator, is good at cleaning guns, plucking birds and field dressing deer.... please send picture of dozer" :rotf:

Dave Suponski
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow! Thanks for clearing that up guy's. As I was reading the threads I was starting to get nervous......:shock: