PDA

View Full Version : Another one gone.

Robert Rambler
04-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Sandy and I would like to inform all those who knew or met our sweet Remy, that she passed last night at 9:45,after 13 years of being our princess.

A year and two months ago she bloated and was saved with surgery. But ever since she has been on a gradual decline. Lots of anxiety, failing eyesight, confusion. It was sad to watch her slid down hill and not be able to help her.

Last night she gave us a chance to help, when she began to bloat again.
We were able to free her from her torment and help her across the Rainbow bridge.

Riley has been searching the house all morning looking for her. :crying:

Run free sweet girl, we will miss but never forget you. :crying:

Daryl Corona
04-24-2018, 08:37 AM
I'm truly sad to hear of Remy's passing Bob. It's not easy for us but I can imagine Riley feels the same.

Dean Romig
04-24-2018, 08:54 AM
Bob and Sandy, Kathy and I are truly sorry to learn of Remy's passing. These are sad days for you but Riley will keep you occupied through this period.

Larry Frey
04-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Bob,
Most of us here are dog lovers and know exactly how you and Sandy feel right now. We are very sorry for your loss.

Harold Lee Pickens
04-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Beautiful dogs, I remember meeting them and you, at the Eastern SXS shoot in West Virginia several years ago.

Dave Suponski
04-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Robert, So very sorry to hear of your loss.

Bill Murphy
04-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Robert and Sandy, Linda and I are so sorry to hear this bad news. We recently lost Eva, our Wirehair, at twelve years two months, so we feel your pain. Your dog family and ours were respected members of the side by side community and were welcomed at every event they attended. Linda accompanied Eva for many years at the Northeast and the Southern. We are now considering another canine companion, and the poodle family is on our radar, because of Linda's allergies. I am investigating Pudelpointers and standard Poodles. Bill and Linda Murphy

Dave Suponski
04-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Robert, So very sorry to hear of your loss.

Chuck Bishop
04-24-2018, 12:14 PM
Bob and Sandy, sorry to hear that bad news. I know how you both loved Remy.
Chuck

Marty Kohler
04-24-2018, 02:58 PM
It is so very hard to explain the special bond between dog and owner. Most of this community has experienced this with much heartache. In the end they are a wonderful gift. I hope you are comforted to some degree by your wonderful memories of her. My sincerest sympathy to you and your wife.

Garth Gustafson
04-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Bob,
Very sorry to hear about Remy. It's devastating to lose a dog. I know it's a small consolation but you've given her the best possible life with plenty of love and attention. She was very lucky to have you as her master.

Robert Rambler
04-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's going to be a rough couple days, there's a void now in the daily routine, something missing.

We still have Riley, age 14, in pretty good shape. Hopefully we can enjoy being with him for another year or two?

The upside is the two year old, black female, laying at my feet, Miss Olympia.
She already retrieves to hand and has good prey drive. If life must go on I guess Olympia will be our future.

calvin humburg
04-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Robert, I fell for you as well. The sadness is what is left, and the great memories which reverts to the starting of this thought. Godspeed ch

Gary Carmichael Sr
04-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Gone but not forgotten! RIP Miss Remy, Gary

Rich Anderson
05-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Robert I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We are dog people first and foremost, they bring the hunt o us and give so much and ask for so little. Remy is with friends now and will live in your heart forever.

Steve Kleist
05-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Our dog friends are missed as much as they are loved. Your sorrow is part of the healing. Their love and devotion is never forgotten.
Steve