PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Single trigger??

Kurt Densmore
07-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Awhile back someone posted up some pictures of a single trigger that used a 3 position safety to determine which bbl would shoot first. It had the L and R stamped on the safety tang above the safty slide. What kind of SST is this and how reliable is it ??

Thanks

Destry L. Hoffard
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Sounds like an early Miller, if it is then it's the best.

DLH

Kurt Densmore
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Destry, have you seen that design of miller trigger or are you speculating as too what it is?? How does the "old" style of Miller SST stack up to the "new" design ?? I tried to do some online research and only am able to find the design with the little lever under the action/in front of the trigger...

Kurt

Bill Murphy
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Destry has a few friends who have many examples of the early style of Miller trigger. I'm sure he has seen a bucket load of three position Millers. The three position Miller seems to be more prevalent than the newer style with the rocker selector. I'm not sure if the internals are that much different. I have a few of the three position Millers and have never had a problem with any of them. I have a PHE Trap with a three position Miller that has shot in competition for probably seventy years, I don't know how many with the Miller trigger. It has been mistreated a great deal before I started mistreating it about six or seven years ago. At least I take it in at night, or at least close the windows on the truck.

C Roger Giles
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Bill;

When did you have windows put back in your truck?

Ha Ha Roger

Destry L. Hoffard
07-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Kurt,

Murpyhy is right, I've seen quite a few. Bring it next time we're going to see one another and I'll test my memory.

Destry